Respected Contributor

Re: Guys Chance of a Lifetime

@ciao_bella wrote:

I have not seen the new show, but Guy seems to be batting 1,000 when it comes to hosting most, if not all,  of the popular Food Newwork shows.  Before you know it, he'll own the network!

He recently inked an 80 million dollar deal with Food Network.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

I have not seen the new show, but Guy seems to be batting 1,000 when it comes to hosting most, if not all,  of the popular Food Newwork shows.  Before you know it, he'll own the network!

Does not surprise me one bit!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I kept wondering if the traffic jam in the kitchen couldn't have been alleviated by removing the camera operators from the area.  Have them film from outside the area where food was being cooked and delivered.

I didn't watch the show.  I hope I remember when it's on, I'd like to catch it.  I've been to the Chicken Guy in Disney Springs (FLorida).  It's TINY!.  Very limited seating and the place is very popular and extremely busy.  The people behind the counter preparing food and taking orders are on top of one another.  If the dining room and counter is any indication of the size of the kitchen, that too must be small.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like Guy and think he cares about the people on and off his shows. The contestants were paid according to their knowledge and abilities to perform the task. The food looked good. I will continue he to watch.

Respected Contributor

I thought Trisha Yearwood owned part of the network, seems she is on for hours most mornings.
Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

GOOD FOR HIM!!! GREAT GUY GREAT SHOWS!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I kept wondering if the traffic jam in the kitchen couldn't have been alleviated by removing the camera operators from the area.  Have them film from outside the area where food was being cooked and delivered.

I didn't watch the show.  I hope I remember when it's on, I'd like to catch it.  I've been to the Chicken Guy in Disney Springs (FLorida).  It's TINY!.  Very limited seating and the place is very popular and extremely busy.  The people behind the counter preparing food and taking orders are on top of one another.  If the dining room and counter is any indication of the size of the kitchen, that too must be small.  

I wanted to eat there but couldn't work it into our schedule. Where was it? We walked around Disney Springs one evening and didn't see it. But it started to rain and we just wanted to get back to our car since we had no jackets or unbrellas.

Honored Contributor

I watched it once, didn't really like it

I do very much like Guy

I love his show Guy's Grocery Games.

1 show that did surprise me was Tiny Food Fight.    First time I watched, I thought it was bizarre but I've grown to like it.    For anyone who remembers the TV series, In the Heat of the Night, the host, Mamrie Hart is the daughter of the actor who played Parker Williams.

Honored Contributor

Ebony (contestant) should not be permitted to prepare food with those finger nails.

I know,i know wears gloves but those nails could easily pierce the gloves. And she  sounds so scripted.

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone stick around until the end?  Tonight was the finale and the winner announced.

Spoiler
Honestly, had Kevin NOT won, I would have lost all respect for Guy.  He was the clear front runner from maybe day one (possibly day two). In fact, it was almost embarrassing how far behind IMO the other contestants were. Not a hard decision at all.

I thought it was great that he gave everyone their franchise fee - of course, I'm sure that's really just eventually $$ back into his own wallet if they are successful (not sure how it's structured).  I wonder who will take him up on that? Chase seemed to be the only one saying he would (and I could see him being successful with it..) But, I imagine the remaining costs are pretty significant!