Honored Contributor

Re: Guilty pleasures: I'm going to fess up

[ Edited ]

Peppa Pig is just the best, our 4 year old grandson called us a few days ago to tell us that Peppa and family made a visit to the United States, so adorable. He could not wait to tell us the news. 

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@spiderw wrote:

When I was a young girl, my uncle took me to a pro wrestling match.  He told me it wasn't real and I actually found it to be entertaining.  I still watch wrestling which I am embarrassed to admit.  However, I know it is fake and just pure entertainment.  The story lines become silly and ridiculous, the women's outfits much too skimpy and insulting to women, I do not care for the family behind the entertainment at all.  As you can see my guilty pleasure is wearing thin!!!!!!

Oh gosh, I used to be seriously into watching the WWF/WWE about 20 years ago or so.  I think it was HHH that got me hooked.  What a beast.  And then I had the Brothers of Destruction - (The Undertaker and Kane).  The size of Kane's arms were bigger than my thighs!!  And this is when he was masked.  Loved it.  The Hardy Boys, Test, Mankind, and so many others.  I quit watching because my guys would get hurt and be out for months, new ones would come in, some would leave or get fired, etc....So I eventually lost interest.  But Roman Reigns is so good looking if I see him on I will watch again.  Everyone enjoys some cheese now and then  Woman Wink

oh my gosh--me too! I used to watch WWE Wrestling when my son was little. In fact, they made a stop here in Seattle and my husband took our son and one of his friends and they had a great time. DH said that some of those wrestlers had actually had some pretty good moves but of course it was all fake. I think our son sensed it was fake but we didn't want to spoil his fun so we never said anything; just enjoyed it for what it was.

And I do remember some of those charcters: The Undertaker, Kane, Mankind, and of course, Vince and Stephanie McMahon. One of those wrestlers even wrote a book and I actually bought it for my son...lol! What we don't do for our kids!

Honored Contributor

The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy.  You can't get cheesier than that! 

And Match Game 74 (1974 episodes only). 

And Tattletales--wished they re-ran all of them instead of just a handful.

Trusted Contributor

Fond memories from childhood:

Father Knows Best

Leave it to Beaver

I just loved those shows.  I especially appreciated Wally as Beaver's brother.  He was always covering for him for the silliest things.  Very sweet.

My sister, on the other hand, was constantly "telling" on me. 

Eddie Haskel was such a funny character too.

"what a lovely apron you're wearing Mrs. Cleaver..."

Honored Contributor

By now, I'm on my sixth rotation of the Leave It To Beaver series. It came on the air before I was born. Wally was such a great big brother.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle -

My grandson is 4 too. He introduced me to Peppa PigSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Loved it , i had to ask my grandma what happened , if i couldn't get home in time.

@skatting44 wrote:

Thanks, you  had me chuckling . Some of these shows  , I had forgotten . I'll have to think abt it  more to come up with some .

I had an old VHS tape - Dark Shadows  series .  I could not  exit the school bus quickly enough to run in the door and turn on the TV to see Dark Shadows. I think it came on abt 4pm or 4:30pm . I usually missed the first 5-10 mins . There were several of my friends who watched and we would  discuss the episodes. The series was pretty cheesy  when I watched a VHS of it years later. I always like  Angelique despite her being such a devil.

Dark Shadows is an American gothic soap opera that originally aired weekdays on the ABC television network, from June 27, 1966, to April 2, 1971. A total of 1,225 episodes were produced, but during the course of its run, the show was pre-empted 20 times

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten    We'll arrange an intervention when you start watching Honey Boo Boo. 

Lol

Honored Contributor

czecheredpast

After reading your post I had to respond.  I loved Make Room for Daddy and watched it faithfully when it aired, I loved the actress who played the orginal wife and also enjoyed Rusty who always had a funny comment!!!!!  I am glad you are enjoying the show.

I have always enjoyed and been a fan of Sci Fy movies and TV, so many great series and movies, I especially love ghost stories.

I have a doll collection but had to stop collecting because it became too much.  I hope you can find your Linda Williams doll !

That's  it , it just struck me that we shared a few likes!!!!  

Respected Contributor

Is there anything cheesier than 'Hee Haw'?

Yep, I watch it just to catch those early performances from some of the older country greats - Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Reba McIntyre and some artists that I'd never heard of before, but are great singers and musicians.  I think Roy Clark is really talented and enjoy him when he sings and plays.

I didn't think I even liked Country music, but I do enjoy these older artists - Loretta Lynn being my favorite.  I was always into Rock, so the Country genre is new and entertaining to me.  Not the new whipper snappers but the older greats.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing