Respected Contributor

Re: Guilty pleasures: I'm going to fess up

@alicedee wrote:

I admit to watching Svengoolie on Saturday nights.  Each movie is soooo bad and entertaining....and I love the "Intermission" where he rewrites the lyrics to a song to fit the storyline and serenades the viewing audience.

So bad it's good lol.  

If you like Svengoolie you should check out "Creature Features". It's on Saturday nights too and a Bay area classic show. You can also find it on youtube. A has-been rock star hosts horror films in his haunted mansion in Bodega Bay (where the movie The Birds was filmed). Big fun and BAD movies.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Guilty pleasures: I'm going

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I always watched Emergency and it was sooo cheesy, the dialog was typical of a Jack Webb production! (a good thing).

A fun factoid: Jack Webb hired Bobby Troup who was married to Jack's ex-wife, Julie London, who was also on the show. Guess he had no hard feelings!  I had read that they did remain close friends.

I though Julie London was married to Robert Fuller, who played the other doctor, along with Bobby Troupe, on Emergency (a show I still watch LOL).  Bobby Troupe was a Harvard grad too.  FYI.

Esteemed Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Puppy Lips  Kent McCord !!!!  In some pics he's got a little bit of a young Tom Brady look going on......

@SloopJohnB I did not know his name and looked him up, so thank you for that.  His photos brought me right back to when  I watched the show.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips    Sure thing.....and do you notice any resemblance between the two?  😉

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Spurt  Yes, 2 good looking guys!  I see the resemblance mostly around the eyes smile and jawline.  😍

definitely the jawline! those guys were born to be stars ;-)

Occasional Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I admit to watching Svengoolie on Saturday nights.  Each movie is soooo bad and entertaining....and I love the "Intermission" where he rewrites the lyrics to a song to fit the storyline and serenades the viewing audience.

So bad it's good lol.  

I watch him too! Woman LOL