Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎08-02-2019

Same here I just turn on the closed captions and read along.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 173
Registered: ‎01-05-2020

@Judaline wrote:

@corita wrote:

@naturalfan wrote:

I thought it was pretty slow-moving at the beginning but I did get more into it.  I will keep watching.  Problem for me is sometimes I was unable to understand what was being said - Scottish accents can be harder to understand.

--------

      I agree !!  I did enjoy the show though slow at first, but did have several twists in storyline. 

      I watch shows on Acorn and in many, the actors have Scottish accents.  I always have to turn on the close captioning!


 


Anybody watch the "Taggart" series (Scottish) years back? So good. They didn't have CC then and it was almost impossible to catch what they were saying. I still watched and at least found out whodunnit, lol.


@Judaline  I had not heard of the Taggart series. Several years ago PBS had another Scottish series called Monarch of the Glen. I enjoyed that series. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,954
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I started watching not expecting to like it, but I thought it was pretty funny in a very black humor sort of way!  Those 2 buffoons would've been far better off to just call the police in the 1st place rather than trying to cover up hitting the old guy with their car.  That little neighborhood has quite the assortment of shady characters & crooks!  The lawyer brother's whole carefully crafted life is crumbling around him!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,217
Registered: ‎04-04-2015

@naturalfan wrote:

I thought it was pretty slow-moving at the beginning but I did get more into it.  I will keep watching.  Problem for me is sometimes I was unable to understand what was being said - Scottish accents can be harder to understand.  


i use the Closed Captions for many of the British shows and it does help.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,237
Registered: ‎03-29-2011

So did anyone watch all 4 episodes?  The ending sort of left me ??????? I thought there were many unanswered questions.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,954
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@lulu1 wrote:

So did anyone watch all 4 episodes?  The ending sort of left me ??????? I thought there were many unanswered questions.


@lulu1  I finally watched the finale of Guilt last night (I had a lot of 9/11 related programming that I'd recorded to get thru) & it left me with a lot of ???? too!  Was anyone actually who we thought they were? 

 

What happened to the black woman who left Max's wife waiting in the car & went in, opened the safe & was caught in the act & then, we never saw her again?  Did she really run out the back way & disapppear or did whoever caught her getting into the safe do something to her? 

 

What happened  to that crooked old lady who drugged the old guy hoping to hasten his death so she could get his house(did he really have terminal cancer or was that a lie, too?) & he wandered out into the road & got hit by the car & killed? Was the real niece the one who'd get the house?

 

Lots of questions left hanging....

Super Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎08-02-2019

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

So did anyone watch all 4 episodes?  The ending sort of left me ??????? I thought there were many unanswered questions.


@lulu1  I finally watched the finale of Guilt last night (I had a lot of 9/11 related programming that I'd recorded to get thru) & it left me with a lot of ???? too!  Was anyone actually who we thought they were? 

 

What happened to the black woman who left Max's wife waiting in the car & went in, opened the safe & was caught in the act & then, we never saw her again?  Did she really run out the back way & disapppear or did whoever caught her getting into the safe do something to her? 

 

What happened  to that crooked old lady who drugged the old guy hoping to hasten his death so she could get his house(did he really have terminal cancer or was that a lie, too?) & he wandered out into the road & got hit by the car & killed? Was the real niece the one who'd get the house?

 

Lots of questions left hanging....

 


We weren't given much in the way of definitive endings. I imagine the woman trying to rob the safe was murdered given her boss was a vicious criminal boss. The wife that went in after her had a lucky escape.

 

Although Max was the only one taken away in the police car I don't believe the others got away scott free. They all did something criminal and I imagine they will be arrested after the exhumation. Not sure about British law but the old lady may not be able to profit by her crime (if proven) meaning the real niece will inherit the house. 

 

There was so much wrong doing in this series it was hard to feel sorry for anyone at all. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,940
Registered: ‎08-20-2012

        I watched the series. Though I enjoyed parts of it, the story seemed to go off course and wind down before it ended. I agree, too many questions left unanswered!  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,567
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

The reason there were questions left unanswered, is because there is a season two, which is getting ready to air in Britain. I thought the show was quite clever.

 

https://www.salon.com/2021/09/12/guilt-finale-neil-forsyth-season-2/ 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,237
Registered: ‎03-29-2011

@Tgbtg 

Thank you; this is the first time I've seen anything about a season 2.

 

The series was billed as a comedic thriller.  I didn't see much that would lend itself to the "comedic" side.