Valued Contributor

Tonight PBS in my area aired the first two episodes of the series Guilt. 

If you watched, what are your thoughts?

Honored Contributor

I watched and I enjoyed and am looking forward to the next two episodes.  It kept my full attention and I was into the story line.  I love Masterpiece  and am always ready for a new series.  I like variety and great acting, Masterpiece delivers.

Honored Contributor

I'll have to check it out.  It sounds good from the description! Thanks for the suggestion. 

Respected Contributor

I only saw the first episode on Passport and I am wondering how this will play out.

Honored Contributor

I had hopes for it, but only got as far as the neighbor with the camera and changed the channel. I found it obnoxious and the brothers, one an immature wimp, the other a controlling psychopath, both annoying.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I had hopes for it, but only got as far as the neighbor with the camera and changed the channel. I found it obnoxious and the brothers, one an immature wimp, the other a controlling psychopath, both annoying.

Yes.  So far, I'm not seeing any particularly likeable characters.

Honored Contributor

A predictable conglomeration of characters who were largely unappealing and unlikable. I gave it half an hour and decided that once again this 'masterpiece' was yet another that was, in fact, no masterpiece at all. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It kept my attention.  Lots of twists and turns, but I agree that there are no likeable characters.  Everyone is dealing with some sort of "guilt".  I'll tune in for the next episodes.  I read that they filmed a second season.

Honored Contributor

Re: Guilt PBS Series

[ Edited ]

If this got a second season, either it played well in the UK or they were being optimistic. It's been a while since PBS/Masterpiece had a bona fide success and, for me, this is not remotely it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I wonder if it's meant as a sort of dark comedy. Sometimes those appeal to the British, but this one lacked wit and belabored the interaction between the brothers.