Honored Contributor

I live in NYC, I got into my car today and put on the radio, WCBS FM Shannon and the Big Show. They are celebrating their 1,000th show and had celebrities call in. Anyway ,who do you think Scott Shannon was talking to, STEVE PERRY live in the studio! They played his new song  No Erasin from his forthcoming album Traces which will be released October 5. It will include 9 original songs and a cover of The Beatles I Need You. If you go to the website wcbsfm.radio.com/blogs/scottshannonshow (sorry I'm not tech savvy to make a link) you can read the explanation as to why he left Journey, can watch the video of his new song, and a link you can click on to see the interview with Scott. Steve was a surprise, it wasn't promoted that he would be there. I am happy he has new music coming out, he has been gone for far too long.

Honored Contributor

I am happy to see Shannon back on CBS FM !  I always listened to him and Todd all the time.  They used to do all those telephone pranks which were hilarious and I still have the cassette tape they put our with some of those calls.  

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I am happy to see Shannon back on CBS FM !  I always listened to him and Todd all the time.  They used to do all those telephone pranks which were hilarious and I still have the cassette tape they put our with some of those calls.  

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!

@spiderw, I’m happy Scott is doing well. I think he got forced out by WPLJ, they tried to dress it up like he was retiring, which he wasn’t. Todd I think wanted his own show which he had, I guess it wasn’t doing well as they paired him up with someone named Jade ( I don’t listen anymore). It’s like a divorce, Todd got custody of Monkey Boy, Scott got Patty Steel, Brad Blanks, for a short time Joe Nolan.

Honored Contributor

Joe Nolan was a weatherman on one of the tv channels.  I do remember Patti Steel but wasn't aware Todd had his own show.  When a group gels and gets along it is fun to listen to, they broke up a good thing.  

CBS FM used to be an oldies station and I loved it.  Now I listen to a local station that plays a lot of jazz and great blues.  However, I will try to listen to Scott at some point just to  hear the format and music which I assume will be today's music.

Thanks for the information and enjoy an oldie but goody who has returned !  

Honored Contributor

I never heard of these people.  Must have something to do with NY?

Occasional Contributor

You are missing OPs point.  Steve Perry is singing again.  He is who is back!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Joe Nolan was a weatherman on one of the tv channels.  I do remember Patti Steel but wasn't aware Todd had his own show.  When a group gels and gets along it is fun to listen to, they broke up a good thing.  

CBS FM used to be an oldies station and I loved it.  Now I listen to a local station that plays a lot of jazz and great blues.  However, I will try to listen to Scott at some point just to  hear the format and music which I assume will be today's music.

Thanks for the information and enjoy an oldie but goody who has returned !  

@spiderw, Joe Nolan actually did traffic. He followed Scott to CBS FM, but then the station contracted with a different company so Joe was dropped. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Guess Who's Back

[ Edited ]

Oh how I miss NY radio - Glad to hear Scott is back and has a new show - I will tune in on my trip to NY next time.

I listened to Scott & Todd in the morning for years on WPLJ - loved their show.

Also listened to the Z Morning Zoo - 

And glad Steve Perry has new music coming out!

Esteemed Contributor

Steve Perry from Journey is back with a new album.  He's the guess who not Scott Shannon.

Respected Contributor

I was listening to the radio on the way back from the lake yesterday. The station had played Steve's new release. I was sooo excited to hear he was singing again. I was such a big Steve Perry fan. There is no Journey without him. Then they played the song. I was so sad. It sounded terrible. His voice is not what it use to be. It sounded as he was singing off key at times. He couldn't hit those wonderful tones either. I'm bummed. Haven't heard his singing on the other songs. I just hope they are better then what I heard on the radio yesterday.  Smiley Sad