Honored Contributor

Enjoy that film. Does anyone know if any of the cable channels are running a marathon tomorrow? Showtime is,but we are not interested in that channel.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

This is just my opinion....I hated that movie, but I saw through it, I think twice!

Even as I say that, I'm a person who hates change and normally doesn't mind repition.

I can eat the same food(s) over and over.

Just something about it.  

My daughter loved it, so there you go.

Honored Contributor

I like Groundhog Day too.  I have only a handful of DVDs but that's one of them.

Regular Contributor

Interesting fact the movie,

" Groundhog's Day " was actually filmed in Woodstock, Illinois.

Just found that out the other day. Big disappointment to me, because my Father grew up in Punxsutawney...lol 😢 

I did enjoy that movie though.

" I've go you babe"...

Esteemed Contributor

@likeitis   Although not as famous as Punxsutawney, PA,  Woodstock, Illinois has a groundhog festival every year.  That festival was created because the movie was filmed there.   BTW: The Woodstock rat did not see his shadow this morning. 

@Annabellethecat66  Like you when the movie was first released I did not care for it and felt that way for many years.  About 15 years ago I was watching it and something clicked.  Anyway, I became a fan and began to enjoy watching it so much that I  purchased a DVD copy. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix Well, my daughter is constantly trying to get me to watch shows she enjoys.

Right now she (and her sister and my grandchildren) are all trying to get me to watch "Watchmen".

I can't understand why they want ME to watch something because usually it's the other way around.  I try to get them to watch something ..... and they won't.

I never "get" anything the first time.  I live in a state of 'confusion'.  They all know that..it's a family joke.

That's one reason why I watched this Groundhog show 2 times.  I kept thinking...'what am I missing'.

But lo and behold...I moved onto another show to be confused about.

I'm obsessed with LivePD right now.  I can't get any of them to watch it.

Regular Contributor

@Trix  but Groundhog's Day is tomorrow.

If the rat saw his shadow today, I don't think that counts. 😆 

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

For those with cable, “Groundhog Day” is scheduled to air on Showtime and Showtime2 East on Sunday, Feb. 2. The first showing is an early one, premiering at 6:05 a.m. EST on SHO2E. The second kicks off at 9 a.m. EST on Showtime.

Where To Stream For Free

Those with a Netflix subscription are out of luck as the film is not currently listed on the platform. As for Hulu and Amazon Prime subscribers, they have the option to add Showtime to their plan for an additional $10.99 per month and stream “Groundhog Day” on-demand. There is also a complimentary 7-day Showtime trial available on both platforms for those who have never utilized the offer before

Honored Contributor

'Ned' in Groundhog Day has a Super Bowl Commercial!

I had to do a double take!

EFE3DAFC-F867-45BE-B050-1E90C54B8550.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@likeitis  Maybe Woodstock Willie was trying to get the jump on cousin  Punxsutawney Phil, but he reported on Feb. 1.Woman Happy  For those eager for spring they forecast early. 

As a gardener I can tell that my perennial garden beds aren't frozen rock solid, so they should start springing back to life a little earlier here than they usually do -- so I'm predicting early spring too.