Honored Contributor

Re: Grey's Anatomy last Night!

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel badly for Jo, no child wants to know they are the product of a rape. I don't think Jo and her biological mother will ever have a relationship. She should not be shutting Alex out, he loves her and wants to help her.

@Jordan2 . I feel badly for her too, and it looks like she goes into a depression next week.....I don't think her Biological Mother was very comforting. I get that she was young and was raped, but she didn't seem to feel any compassion for the type of life that her daughter ended up having.......I don't think there will ever be a relationship there either, I felt like her Mother was rather cold.....She needs to lean on her husband, he wants to know about it and help her.

I don't know much about adoption, I do wonder why Jo was never adopted by a family and spent her years in foster care. You would think people would have jumped at the chance to adopt a white infant. Is it because the biological mother just left her without relinquishing parental rights? If that was the case, after a certain amount of time had lapsed she could have been adopted?

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

It was such a good episode! Anyone watch?

Spoiler

I did!  The women lined up in the hallway made me weep.  Outstanding episode!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

One of the best episodes, IMO. Stories around Meredith and her sisters seem to be silly. I enjoyed sliding away from those characters and watching something of substance.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

It was a truly great episode, the points they were making were all very important!  I was so impressed to hear the "Teddy" character mention that she had treated both young men and young women in the military for such attacks and injuries.  And "Jo's" statement to her Mom about contacting an adoption agency to give her daughter up to, instead of leaving the baby at a fire station, also, was important. 

However, I think "Jo" having to deal with a rape victim may have moderated her mental condemnation of her biological mother, "Jo" was incredibly sympathetic and kind, showing deep empathy from her own experience of an abusive marriage.  I liked that "Teddy" told her that how she handled the whole case should become the official protocol!  And the women lining the hallways was brilliant and incredibly moving as well. 

Every single actor in that entire episode gave Emmy-worthy performances, I hope they are recognized for those performances!  Most especially, of course, the guest actress who played the rape victim, but the regular cast as well!

Esteemed Contributor

I always watch Gray's, but Thursday's episode was especially compelling on many fronts. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Michelle Forbes who played Jo's mother used to be on Homicide years ago,very good actress. 

@Shelbelle  Thanks for this informatiopn--she was familiar and did not get name or remember where I had seen her.....she played the character very well!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP wrote:

It was a truly great episode, the points they were making were all very important!  I was so impressed to hear the "Teddy" character mention that she had treated both young men and young women in the military for such attacks and injuries.  And "Jo's" statement to her Mom about contacting an adoption agency to give her daughter up to, instead of leaving the baby at a fire station, also, was important. 

However, I think "Jo" having to deal with a rape victim may have moderated her mental condemnation of her biological mother, "Jo" was incredibly sympathetic and kind, showing deep empathy from her own experience of an abusive marriage.  I liked that "Teddy" told her that how she handled the whole case should become the official protocol!  And the women lining the hallways was brilliant and incredibly moving as well. 

Every single actor in that entire episode gave Emmy-worthy performances, I hope they are recognized for those performances!  Most especially, of course, the guest actress who played the rape victim, but the regular cast as well!

@CamilleP  Excellent post and I agree 100%...I found this episode to be very powerful, yet difficult...understand Jo's experience with ex-husband!

Honored Contributor

I usually don't watch the crossover events with Station 19 but I couldn't turn away last night.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

I usually don't watch the crossover events with Station 19 but I couldn't turn away last night.

@Tique . Wasn't it so good? I was crying at the end of Station 19.......I never watch that show, only Grey's, but it was so good..........

Honored Contributor

So sad, I remember Chief Ripley from playing Harry on Mistresses, with his Australian accent on there. I cant wait to see if Andie and Sully get together.