Super Contributor

Re: Greta Van Susteren moving to MSNBC starting January 9th

Megan is going to NBC for an afternoon talk show.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

From what I read today one of the scenerios is that Megyn will take over the last hour of the three hour show (meaning Al Roker and Tamron Hall may be shifted to other responsibilities) which would explain why Matt Lauer wasn't informed until right before the announcement was made.

I haven't followed the gossip, @momtochloe.  Is Lauer supposedly upset by MK coming onboard?

@tansy I honestly don't know that for sure but that is what Wendy Williams had on her show today.  This is the latest from PageSix and I would think this will unwind quickly in the next couple of days:

http://pagesix.com/2017/01/04/matt-lauer-kept-in-dark-about-nbcs-megyn-kelly-hire/

Trusted Contributor

@cherry

Hi Cherry!  Please tell me what network you watch for News, I am fascinated.

I guess I would have thought MSNBC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It varies.   I like to shop around. I get some from Canada, I'm near the border.   I watch the old  broadcast channels a lot, some Fox and some CNN

There is just no one at MSNBC, I can stand @Susan in California

Honored Contributor

I am sick about this, I really like Greta, but I despise this channel, with that babbling idiot Chris whatever his name is, and Madcow!!!

I may take a look to see what type of show it is, but if it is political, I am out!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for Megan or Greta at all! I love MSNBC and they already have a bevy of outstanding female reporters...like Kristen Walker, Katy Tur, Hailey, Andrea Mitchell, Rachel Maddox, etc. MSNBC does not need Megan or Greta in my most humble opinion. 

Trusted Contributor

Not up on the news with Greta but why did she leave Fox News?

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

I am sick about this, I really like Greta, but I despise this channel, with that babbling idiot Chris whatever his name is, and Madcow!!!

I may take a look to see what type of show it is, but if it is political, I am out!!!

Chris Matthews.

IMO this is quite a come-down for Greta, whom I've always liked since I first saw her on Larry King as a commentator on the O.J. case.

Honored Contributor

That's not my favorite network but I did like Greta's previous show so I'll keep an open mind and see if I like her new show.  I tend to like my news without a lot of personal opinions added and that's why I don't watch MSNBC in the evening.

Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

Not up on the news with Greta but why did she leave Fox News?

@newjersey  She had a clause in her contract, as did other Foxnews folks like O'Reilly & Hannity, that if Roger Ailes was no longer the head of Foxnews, they could leave.  They had to do so, however, within X number of days after Ailes' departure.  So Greta did use that clause in her contract after Ailes had to leave the network and she had to do so rather quickly.  Once she gave notice, though, Foxnews hastened her departure and didn't let her back on the air (it seemed to me). 

I read about this contract clause in numerous articles when Ailes left the network and then again when Greta left.  Sorry I don't have a source to post right now - if you Google it you should find the info rather easily.