Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac   Good points about Grace's "son".

I didn't know Rick Fox was in Oz.  Maybe if I watch that show, I'll form a different opinion of him.  I know it no longer airs, but I'm sure it can be found on Netflix or Hulu or some other streaming service.  

With regards to the spinoff, I'm sure I'll at least look into it.  Can't imagine enjoying it as much as this series.  I agree that Lady Mae is a favorite character, although I do like Grace and would eagerly watch a spinoff with her in it.  Like you, I can't stand Charity.  I found her likable enough in the first season, but once I started to dislike her, those feelings intensified with each episode!  Haha

Respected Contributor

The 1st season, I really didn't care for Lady Mae, but have grown to really enjoy her.  She can sure hand out polite sugar coated insults with a pretty turn of phrasing!  She cracks me up!  My mom used to call folks like that "Nasty Nice"!

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

The 1st season, I really didn't care for Lady Mae, but have grown to really enjoy her.  She can sure hand out polite sugar coated insults with a pretty turn of phrasing!  She cracks me up!  My mom used to call folks like that "Nasty Nice"!

@aubnwa01  my mother called them "nice nasty". I have adopted her phrase.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

She can sure hand out polite sugar coated insults with a pretty turn of phrasing!  She cracks me up!  My mom used to call folks like that "Nasty Nice"!

And makes you think she is quoting the bible! Smiley LOL

**taking notes**

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Have wondered for a while if Grace's son was scamming her - yet discovered he had a conscience.

Charity is the antagonist for me, but will admit, that role keeps changing among the characters.

I do like Rick Fox's character. I think he can see through the religious family and isn't buying it. Can't pretend he can be a part of it. That's just my take on it until more is revealed. Glad he's back. Someone needs to have a good relationship in that family.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I finally watched as well. really good episode! Sad that it is ending after this season. I do also like Grace a lot, her hair is just beautiful, I think she is so beautiful. I would watch a spinoff with her, I don't care for Charity's character, or Kerissa.....Love Lady Mae and the Bishop though! I too also really like Rick Fox, like his character a lot and glad to see him back.

Interesting about Grace's son? Should be another interesting episode tomorrow night!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   I'm also happy to see Darius back but the person I really wanted back is Noah so his return made my day.

@Mz iMac   you think of Sophia as a "$lut in training". Not me. That might be a more fitting description of her cousin, Zora. Remember the one who ran off with the person who was abusing her.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   I'm also happy to see Darius back but the person I really wanted back is Noah so his return made my day.

@Mz iMac   you think of Sophia as a "$lut in training". Not me. That might be a more fitting description of her cousin, Zora. Remember the one who ran off with the person who was abusing her.

@Tique Yes glad Noah is back as well. I agree that Sophia is a sweet girl, but cousin Zora she is something else....I think Sophia seems to have a good level head on her shoulders..Zora seems very jealous!

Honored Contributor

@Tique   The "SIT" Sophia stole Zora's almost boyfriend right from under her nose.  Knowing full well of Zora's feelings towards him.  Those are LINES YOU DO NOT CROSS among family as well as close friends.

Did you check out the "SIT" outfit in this last episode?

Sophia:  "Let me go get my jacket"

Lady Mai:  "And put some clothes on too!

"That child is nakkid!!!!" she says to the rest of the family. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   I understand about lines you don't cross but if you do a quick rewind through Zora's prevous behaviors and attitudes toward Sophia, I understand why Sophia finally got sick of it. Sophia kept telling her that the guy who was the singer was bad news. Zora didn't listen but sure had no problem calling Sophia after he humiliated her in front of all his friends. Sophia finally had to tell Jacob and Karissa what was going on after she saw him hit Zora. I think Sophia's proven herself.

Are you talking about the young man Sophia's interested in now? I never got the impression he was interested romantically in Zora. Zora seemed to have gotten over him pretty quickly after she met his female friend.

As far as Mae's comment, well she's always talking about the way her granddaughters dress so that didn't mean anything to me.