Honored Contributor

Greem Book

Just watched it on DVD what an amazing movie

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Greem Book

I thought it was excellent!  I went over the winter with DH to see it then again just recently when in Florida I took mom to see it.....there really wasn't anything else playing at all at the time . My mother really enjoyed it too!

I like how it's based on a true story and I also learned something new to me...never knew about the "green book" for African Americans' travel accommodations during that period of time.

Respected Contributor

That is on my list to watch. Just the two of us on Easter plan to watch it then. I love when movies are based on a true story. Some people on the board saw it at the movies & a few said at the end people stood up & clapped which you don't see that anymore. I did watch The Mull (Clint Eastwood) and liked it, that also was based on a true story. 

Respected Contributor

Very good movie ..so glad we finally got to see it .

Honored Contributor

And I'm the only one in the country who didn't really care for it.  I got through it, but once was more than enough for me.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I saw it with a gf after it won best movie - we were both blown away. 

LOVED it. 

My heart hurt watching parts of it...

Highlighted
Super Contributor

If the topic interests you, there was also a show on cable/satellite tv recently called The Green Book: Guide to Freedom. I'm sure it will be re-run at some point.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was a wonderful movie.  I loved it.

I had no idea there was such a thing as the Green Book.

Tony's son Nick co-wrote the movie.  Tony and Shirley died within a few months of each other.  They continued their friendship all those years...