Honored Contributor

Re: Great News For Beatles Fans! PBS To Run Two Docs on 11/25 Back-to-Back

@sunshine45 wrote:

our local pbs station, MPT, is showing eight days a week, but not sgt pepper. check local listings for more information.

Ugh!   Thanks for that info @sunshine45 .   I'll be so disappointed if my local station isn't showing both, since I never saw the Sgt. Pepper one.

Valued Contributor

Wow!  My first crush was on the Beatles.  I begged my mother to let me go to the concert when they were here.  But, I was only 10. 

I have been to Abbey Road.  So cool. 

I still have my albums and 45's, but they were played to death. 

My favorite was the White Album.

I remember one time betting my mother  5 whole dollars they would be famous, in the future like Frank Sinatra was.  She probably said "yeah, right"  LOL!

Thanks for the notice, I will check it out.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

PBS will air Ron Howard's documentary about the Beatles, Eight Days A Week, followed immediately by PBS rerunning it's Sgt. Pepper 50th anniv. special, Sgt. Pepper's Musical Revolution.  Mark your calendars for Nov. 25 starting at 8:00 pm with Howard's doc.   I saw this at the theater - twice.  I esp. loved the half hour of footage of the Shea Stadium concert at the end although I don't know whether that will be included on PBS.  It was supposed to only run in the theaters.   It was great!  I loved the whole documentary though.

My source is Variety magazine.

@Pearlee, I'm a huge Beatles fan, so thank you for this information. Has the Sgt  Pepper special been on before, or am I confusing it with something else I saw?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee

Thanks for the information, I just set my dvr to record both shows.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

@Lapdog wrote:

Wow!  My first crush was on the Beatles.  I begged my mother to let me go to the concert when they were here.  But, I was only 10. 

I have been to Abbey Road.  So cool. 

I still have my albums and 45's, but they were played to death. 

My favorite was the White Album.

I remember one time betting my mother  5 whole dollars they would be famous, in the future like Frank Sinatra was.  She probably said "yeah, right"  LOL!

Thanks for the notice, I will check it out.

I have always loved the Beatles. I did get to "see" them at Shea Stadium and I was only 8 or 9. My friends mom took us., we couldn't see or hear them but we screamed our throats sore anyway. LOL

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

PBS will air Ron Howard's documentary about the Beatles, Eight Days A Week, followed immediately by PBS rerunning it's Sgt. Pepper 50th anniv. special, Sgt. Pepper's Musical Revolution.  Mark your calendars for Nov. 25 starting at 8:00 pm with Howard's doc.   I saw this at the theater - twice.  I esp. loved the half hour of footage of the Shea Stadium concert at the end although I don't know whether that will be included on PBS.  It was supposed to only run in the theaters.   It was great!  I loved the whole documentary though.

@Pearlee, I'm a huge Beatles fan, so thank you for this information. Has the Sgt  Pepper special been on before, or am I confusing it with something else I saw?

@Jordan2

the sgt pepper musical revolution special premiered in june of this year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Jordan2

the sgt pepper musical revolution special premiered in june of this year.

@sunshine45, thank you, I thought I had already seen it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Jordan2  It came out for the Sgt. Pepper 50th anniversary.  I didn't get a chance to see it then so I'm really looking forward to that one.   As well as the R. Howard one which I've seen a couple of times and it's excellent. It really took me back to Beatlemania days, and I love Sir Paul's Heart commentary in that doc.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee.....thanks for letting us know.  Coming up this week!!!!  I'll be recording that on my DVD disks to keep.  

Honored Contributor

@shell garden  You are welcome!    I'm glad you want to see these docs too.

If memory serves me right, the Beatles Anthology (another great doc - multipart one - about the Fab Four) aired around Thanksgiving time also, years ago.