Respected Contributor

Great Memory From Days Gone By

[ Edited ]

Smiled when I saw this one:

Captain Kangaroo, Mr Greenjeans and Dancing Bear 💕

May be an image of 2 people

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Re: Great Memory From Days Gone By

@Mersha   This made me smile too!  I loved Captain Kangaroo and Mr Greenjeans!!!  Thank you for sharing this one 😊💝

Respected Contributor

@Mersha Those were the days!    I also remember Romper Room and  the Wonderful world of Disney.   Times were simple and the living was good!

Respected Contributor

Yup, used to watch. Other shows I liked were Sally Starr and Chief Halftown.

Respected Contributor

About New Zoo Revue, plus see the intro from this campy '70s kids TV show - Click Americana

I also remember the show "The New Zoo Revue" with Henrietta Hippo.  It was funny.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan Our son loved New Zoo Revue. We all watched it together. I thought a lot of it was so dumb but the kids we knew all liked it.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@lgfan Our son loved New Zoo Revue. We all watched it together. I thought a lot of it was so dumb but the kids we knew all liked it.

That is what I liked about the show.  The absurdity of seeing a hippo in a dress dancing made it funny.  

Respected Contributor

I was in school by the time TV came to our area. I did see some of it during summer vacation although I was older than the target audience. I remember being impressed that they taught children tidy up after a project and to put away their supplies.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched Captain Kangaroo in the mid 50's each day before going to school. My first and second grade classes didn't start until 12 noon because our school was over crowded with us baby boomers. Those of us whose last names started with a letter in the second half of the alphabet had afternoon sessions. So I got to watch the Captain along the Mr. Green Jeans, Dancing Bear, Bunny Rabbit, Mr. Moose and Grandfather Clock. What a wonderful show for young children. 

Respected Contributor

Don't forget Grandfather Clock lol. Loved Captain Kangaroo. That man could do more things with a shoebox!

What worries you masters you.