Honored Contributor

Re: Great Films on TCM Tonight Including To Kill A Mockingbird 8:00 pm

@godi wrote:

Classic good cinema. 

@godi   Gotta love that TCM is around!   Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee   Thank you SO much!  We just saw the play on Broadway.  A perfect night of theater.  We were talking about watching the movie.  Thanks to you -- I set it to DVR.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@judy0330 wrote:

@Pearlee   Thank you SO much!  We just saw the play on Broadway.  A perfect night of theater.  We were talking about watching the movie.  Thanks to you -- I set it to DVR.

@judy0330   I know it is on Broadway, but I cannot imagine anyone better as Atticus Finch than Gregory Peck.  He was born to play that role!  And the  kids are absolutely great, too.  I'll be curious to see what you think, comparing the two. 

By the way, look for Robert Duvall in his very first movie role - as Boo Radley.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee  Jeff Daniels was excellent.  I have seen the movie in the past and yes -- Gregory Peck was great.  Different interpretations of the role.  

Celia Keenan-Bolger played Scout on Broadway.  She was amazing.  Unbelievable that a 41 year old woman did such a magnificent job playing a child.  She won the Tony.  The whole Broadway cast changed in the beginning of November.  We made sure to see the play before that happened.  I had no interest in seeing Ed Harris and an entirely different cast.