Respected Contributor

Re: Great American Baking show

@kelsey17 wrote:

I was also disppointed in the fact that Dana didn't win.  She was the best over all during the duration of the show...i kinda felt that they picked Brother Andrew because of the uniqueness of having a Brother in the competition more then his cooking skills....3/4 of the show his cooking/presentations weren't that impressive.  Even in the last segment of the final show tonite the first thing  Paul said was there was no flavor in any of his desserts....and even though Dana's last baking effort wasn't that good the fact she had so many wins throughout the show should have been enough to carry her to the win.

Brother Andrew had skills and he was a great baker and don't think they had him on there because of his "uniqueness." There was a Father on Worst Cooks In America.  Yes, he was there because of his lack of cooking skills but he ended up almost going all the way to the end and ended up to be a pretty good cook. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Great American Baking show

I always enjoy this show whether it's the English version or American. It's always fun to see what challenging new recipe they have to make that the judges select. I thought I would miss Mary Berry but the replacement lady (feel bad I don't recall her name) was a good judge - likable and gave helpful critique to the bakers. 

I was happy with the winner. He did win the Star Baker during bread week! It's very common whoever wins that week will win the championship. 

Dana surprised me with her final bake. It didn't turn out as well as she definitely is capable of baking! I bet if they had turned out well, she would have won but the soggy not crisp dessert really tanked.