Honored Contributor

I'm watching this now , I just love baking shows. They are down to the final 3 and the showstopper challenge. I think Dana will win, anyone else watching ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Great American Baking show

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm watching this now , I just love baking shows. They are down to the final 3 and the showstopper challenge. I think Dana will win, anyone else watching ?

I am not watching, but I have and I enjoy it.  I enjoy a lot of cooking showsSmiley Happy.  Especially cake and cookie challenges

Esteemed Contributor

Our local PBS stations run multiple channels. All together they broadcast about 17 episodes of The Great British Baking Show per week, spread over 3 channels.

Since it's Thursday I get three episodes on two channels. (This is all over-the-air broadcast.)

Somehow I never warmed up to the American version of this show. But I watch when it's available. I love baking shows too.

Trusted Contributor

I've enjoyed the American version and love the British version even more.  I was shocked at the winner; didn't really think that person deserved to win.

Respected Contributor

I thought Dana too. Love the show...enjoyed all the bakers & the bakes this season. Hope the ratings were good & the show returns. 

Super Contributor

As

@QVCkitty1  I watched and thought the same thing.  I was shocked when Brother Andrew (I think was his name) won.  I love cooking shows too.  I enjoyed the holiday baking shows too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched it via On Demand last evening, it was double so so (of course) I fell asleep before the end.  I thought Dana would win, she came on strong towards the end.  I must admit, I was disappointed in the show.  I watched but the bakers just didn't have the skills that we saw in past seasons.  I wonde how the heck some of them even got on the show, they were so bad and clueless.  If Dana had won, I would bother watching what I missed but since she didn't, I'll watch to see where it went wrong for her.

Honored Contributor

I also thought Dana would win.  Andrew was good, but nothing stuck in my mind about him.

Respected Contributor

I'm so happy that Brother Andrew won. He lives in my area and was rooting for him from the beginning and not for that reason.  I really wanted Alex to win.  He was consistent in every way but wasn't perfect like all of them. 

Glad that Marissa didn't win since she was so  messy in her presentations and always had problems and was always crying about something or other.

Dana was good too but knew that she wouldn't win. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was also disppointed in the fact that Dana didn't win.  She was the best over all during the duration of the show...i kinda felt that they picked Brother Andrew because of the uniqueness of having a Brother in the competition more then his cooking skills....3/4 of the show his cooking/presentations weren't that impressive.  Even in the last segment of the final show tonite the first thing  Paul said was there was no flavor in any of his desserts....and even though Dana's last baking effort wasn't that good the fact she had so many wins throughout the show should have been enough to carry her to the win.