Honored Contributor

I just watched S01 E01 on Prime.  Jimmy's not on it yet (just as of E01), but I always remembered him.  The character was such a dunderhead.

Then, years later, when that actor was on Dexter it took me a short while to not see him as a moron and as the character he was on that show.  Smiley Happy  

I really like Brett Butler, but I also really like Geoff Pierson.  He also did a narrating gig on an ID show a couple years ago.  His voice was great for that and I hope to see that show, or another with him narrating, back.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbuttwrote:

Hey Beach Mom - I just went into Amazon Prime and, YES, it's there!  Smiley Happy    YAY

I don't know why I didn't look before now.

Thank you, thank you, I just went to Prime and watched the pilot episode . It was just as funny as I remembered. John Goodman has a bit part as a policeman.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I liked Grace Under Fire very much.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1wrote:

@chickenbuttwrote:

Hey Beach Mom - I just went into Amazon Prime and, YES, it's there!  Smiley Happy    YAY

I don't know why I didn't look before now.

Thank you, thank you, I just went to Prime and watched the pilot episode . It was just as funny as I remembered. John Goodman has a bit part as a policeman.

Yes!  I was surprised to see John Goodman.  Cannot remember if he's in it more than that one episode.   I was doing something while I watched and didn't see him yet but as soon as he spoke I knew the voice!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

they have GRACE UNDER FIRE here on the LAFF channel. they show two episodes in a row during the middle of the night.

i never knew that about the substance abuse. it is too bad that she messed up her career in that way. i also read that she was homeless for a while. looks like she is getting a little bit of work these days according to imdb.

i always enjoyed ROSEANNE so much better as a "working class" show.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I remember William Fichtner on the series.  I think he played her love interest?  Anyway, it was a great show and it's a shame Brett stumbled.  But her entry in IMDB shows she's had somewhat of a recovery.  I wish her continued success.