Honored Contributor

In this witty whodunit, wealthy guests and their servants gather for a weekend stay at the home of Sir William McCordle, who is soon found murdered. 

Cast: Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith, Helen Mirren, Alan Bates 

Director: Robert Altman 

British Movies, Comedies 

Amazon Prime: Released 2001

Honored Contributor

That movie is one of my favorites.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

When I first saw who was in this movie I knew it would be a big hit with me.  I wasn't wrong, great movie which I love!

Trusted Contributor

Great movie, with the screenplay written by Julian Fellowes (who wrote "Downton Abbey).

Honored Contributor

It's a close match to Remains of the Day!  I loved them both. 

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

Great movie, with the screenplay written by Julian Fellowes (who wrote "Downton Abbey).

Wonderful movie.  And it's actually the forerunner of Downton Abbey. You'll recognize early versions of some of Fellowes's characters in Downton.  Carson especially, as I recall,, and there's Maggie Smith as a Countess. 

And the great Robert Altman's direction with brilliant camera work.  Great cast and he let some actors improvise.  

Honored Contributor

Altman, Miren, Smith, Bates.....of course it's great.  Altman is after the complexity of class differences and delivers poignant dialogue.  Thanks for the reminder @Sweet_Serenity 

Respected Contributor

Gosford Park is a wonderful movie.  It is written by Julian Fellows who collected an oscar for Best Original Screenplay for this movie.  Fellows also wrote Downton Abby and other great screenplays.