Honored Contributor

Re: Good tv series recommendations please?

We do like some of the British mysteries. We rarely watch TV and I often wonder why we pay for Direct TV. DH likes Ancient Aliens and Friday nights are his time for that.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

DH and I started going back and watching Cheers on Netflix.  Its still funny after all these years, especially after not seeing it for so long.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

DH and I started going back and watching Cheers on Netflix.  Its still funny after all these years, especially after not seeing it for so long.

@mimomof4   Same for me with Frasier. That show still makes me laugh.

Respected Contributor

Most of the above plus another vote for Justified.

Regular Contributor

Dramas:

Better Call Saul

The Americans

Big Little Lies

Comedies:

Veep

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Esteemed Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

Thank so much for all the recommendations!  I've built my list--that should carry us well into 2020!

@srgtdj...Here are a few more I loved...

Jericho

Happy Valley 

Broadchurch

Rain

Mindhunter...I watch this one for a few nights, watch somethng else and go back to it.  Too much of the same subject gets tiring.

Dr. Foster

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Mindhunters on Netflix.

I just binged the 2 seasons this weekend and loved it. I've thought about it and discussed it at work LOL.

@srgtdj wrote:

My husband and I like to watch tv series now that we are retired and can "binge watch" a few episodes at a time.  Plus I like following through on a series from beginning to end without having to watch week by week.  

We just finished The Closer and Major Crimes and enjoyed thaose a lot.  We've seen Gilmore Girls, 24, Breaking Bad,  Good Wife, Gossip Girl...so our tastes vary.

I'm looking for recommendations..

Are there any series that you've enjoyed binge watching from start to finish?

Super Contributor

Thanks again to all for the great list!  

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

Same here and with Frazier too.  I'll need to make a list, I have them on sometimes just in the background.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From the series called American Crime Stories, "The People v. O.J. Simpson" with actor John Travolta playing the part of defense attorney Robert Shapiro, is one which can't be missed. Even if you don't care for the subject matter, watch it for it's excellent acting and portrayal of the events that unfolded during that time in the court system. I thought it was one of the best docuseries/docudrama I have ever watched.