Respected Contributor

Re: Good tv series recommendations please?

@MaryLamb wrote:

Black Mirror on Netflix is like a Twilight Zone for the 21st century. The writing is brilliant, and the show has won many awards. I put off watching it for years, because I’m not much of a sci-fi fan. However, after watching one episode, I had to watch the entire 5 seasons in two days, it’s ia very smart show, but I wouldn’t call it high brow. It would be at the top of my list for recommendations. I also would look at:

The Crown

Ozark

Dead to Me

The OA

Another Life

Mind Hunter

The Haunting of Hill House

Stranger Things

I wanted to thank you @MaryLamb for recommending Black Mirror.  We began watching last night and breezed through three episodes before bedtime.  Can't wait to pick up with it again.

Valued Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

Black Mirror on Netflix is like a Twilight Zone for the 21st century. The writing is brilliant, and the show has won many awards. I put off watching it for years, because I’m not much of a sci-fi fan. However, after watching one episode, I had to watch the entire 5 seasons in two days, it’s ia very smart show, but I wouldn’t call it high brow. It would be at the top of my list for recommendations. I also would look at:

The Crown

Ozark

Dead to Me

The OA

Another Life

Mind Hunter

The Haunting of Hill House

Stranger Things

I wanted to thank you @MaryLamb for recommending Black Mirror.  We began watching last night and breezed through three episodes before bedtime.  Can't wait to pick up with it again.

@Free2be  You’ll have to let me know which one is your favorite once you finish the series.

Honored Contributor

Ladies!  If you loved Downton, you'll LOVE "The Buccaneers" on youtube!!!

It's a miniseries done in episodes so you control when you watch!Smiley Happy  I've watched it several times!!!!!

Image result for mini series the buccaneers

Regular Contributor

Light comedy streaming on Amazon prime: Corner Gas. Quite a few seasons. It was one of the biggest shows in Canada. 

Respected Contributor

@EllieMuncaster wrote:

Light comedy streaming on Amazon prime: Corner Gas. Quite a few seasons. It was one of the biggest shows in Canada. 

We like this a lot - very quirky, but grows on you.

Another quirky Brit comedy is The Detectorists.

Valued Contributor

"Schitts Creek" on Amazon is a quirky funny show.  Half hour segments so you can consume at your own leisure.

Frequent Contributor

Heartland is a very good, family friendly show.  It's on Amazon Prime, and Netflix has all seasons through 11. 

I was excited to find Murder, She Wrote on Prime which is what I'm currently watching.  I think Prime only has the first five season though.   

If you want something way out there, you can try the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix.  I've watched both parts and still can't decide how I feel about the show.   

Respected Contributor

My personal favorites are:

Person of Interest - with Michael Emerson and Jim Caviezel - just amazing!  About living in a perpetual surveillance state.

Other Space (8 episodes in total from Paul Feig-- just hilarious -- and can be watched online!)

Westworld (the new series from HBO)- Two seasons so far.  Dark and interesting.  

Babylon 5 - Sci Fi craziness in space with lots of different alien species.  Fun and with very well-developed characters that make the strangeness of the show seem normal somehow.

Esteemed Contributor

I luv Star Tek Discovery  and The Good Fight. on CBS All Access. You can watch 5 episodes of most network shows free using the app.

I like watching a cooking series on Amazon Prime, A Taste of History. 

Trusted Contributor

@summerbreeze44 wrote:

Have you watched Poldark on Netflix?  Four seasons. I give it 5 stars.

Also, West Wing.  One of my all time favorites.

My husband and i both LOVED Poldark!