Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good Witch Schedule Change September, 2020

I wonder if there will be a Halloween themed movie this year like they usually do.  Haven't seen any commercials for it.  Love the show and movies.

Respected Contributor

I really liked the first few movies and then lost track of the later ones.  When I found out that Chris Potter would not be in the series and that his character had been killed off I never watched it.

I do have Netflix now, so maybe I should watch it and give it a chance.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I wonder if there will be a Halloween themed movie this year like they usually do.  Haven't seen any commercials for it.  Love the show and movies.

@twinsister   

Will Hallmark Made Good Witch Halloween Special Movie For 2020?

August 7, 2020

Good Witch fans love the annual Halloween special movie. Will there be one in 2020? Sadly, no. According to TV Line, in their weekly question and answers, the knowledgeable source shared the very bad news.

In column, Christi asked, “Do you know if Good Witch will do the traditional Halloween movie this year?” The response was firmly in the negative. “Boo! I must report that no, there won’t be a Halloween installment this year.”

This is especially sad as this would have been the lucky 13 Halloween movie. The answer was too short and bereft of any details. Could the recent coronavirus quarantine and current filming restrictions be the reason for the nixed annual special? Could there be a time conflict with the Good Witch actors? Media Village reported in May that Catherine Bell is doing a Christmas movie this year. Could there be a conflict?

Good Witch generally films in Hamilton and Niagara-on-the-Lake, in Ontario, Canada. They may have some restrictions that could prevent a Halloween movie from being filmed in time. They would likely need two to three weeks to complete production and filming. There just may not be enough time this year. The quarantines and restrictions may be the cause.

Catherine Bell Interview Shared Different Answer About Special Halloween Movie

In the Media Village article published in May of this year, Catherine Bell shared that that they planned on making the thirteenth Good Witch Halloween movie in the Toronto area.

But this was many months ago. A lot of things have changed. But, hopefully, Hallmark can still find a way to make this Good Witch Halloween movie.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt - thanks for posting that information!  I'm sure the pandemic forced them not to do it.

Respected Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@lmt - thanks for posting that information!  I'm sure the pandemic forced them not to do it.

@twinsister   You're welcome!

Hopefully they'll do one next year.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

That is the worst show. Every time she speaks it is a homily.

So you came on a thread clearly about a show you don't like just to share that little bit of "sunshine"?  Really?  Necessary to add some negative vibe? 

Gee, thanks!  The rest of us will continue to enjoy it.  Woman Frustrated 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info.  

I like the first movie and second movie.  

The series just is not drawing me in.  I think it is because the original husband of Cassie was gone and he made for a believable mate to me.  The children have grown (of course) and gone on their ways.  

What I can depend on is MARTHA and her meddling ways. Without her where would MIddleton be.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust