Respected Contributor

I think Catherine Disher is a beautiful woman, regardless of her weight.

That photo above was from 25 years ago. How many of us can say that we haven't changed that much in 25 years?

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

These two "feel good" series (WCTH and GW) changed this year.  I don't watch WCTH for the angst.  If I wanted angst, I would watch This is Us.

I counted on feeling good and uplifted after watching WCTH.  Not anymore.

I do hope they don't change the Hallmark movie formula and start giving us angsty movies which depressing endings.

@VaBelle35  I get your perspective and largely agree. For many, Hallmark has been a place of respite and while offerings have justifiably been criticized as being a bit saccharine, perhaps we do need a place to go and not have to confront life's too many challenges. I gave up on Calls the Heart after too much of Krakow and the two years of 'who will she choose' but came to very much enjoy the apparently defunct When Hope Calls. I also enjoyed, in small doses mind you, Good Witch. I do hope Hallmark's choice to shuffle executives and their apparent move into more currently mainstream stories and casting doesn't go so far as to make them into just another network pushing an agenda. We do need a feel good option, even if they might tone it down just a notch.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Even my DH enjoys some of the "feel good", "happy ending" movies and shows.

We do, indeed, all need a respite from what's going on all around us every day now.

Honored Contributor

The new CEOs interview with The Hollywood Reporter in February of this year has zero discussion about series.  So I feel like she is moving the channel away from series and sticked with just movies.

We will get a lot of info next month when they release their information to the Television Critics Association for cable networks.  It is usually in July but they moved it to August this year.

Buckle in.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The new CEO started in August 2020.  So Good Witch and Chesapeake Shores were announced in July at the TCAs, so she couldn't cancel the series.

I think Chesapeake Shores and Good Witch went into their filming knowing that this was the last season.

I think WCTH was already in production for a month by the time she came on board, so it was too late to wrap the season up.  I think Season 9 will be the last of that and it will wrap up or they will take it somewhere else, like Up TV or it will just be a Canadian show.  But I don't think we will see a Season 10.  I also don't think we will see When Hope Calls.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Literally I thought it lost its magic when the original husband was killed off. I heard that he had other obligations.  I really enjoy the movies though.  I always that they were cute.  The wedding to the first husband was nice.

@sunshine 919  That’s when I stopped watching when they got rid of the first husband. Everything seemed to change.

Thank you, I thought I was the only one lol

@sunshine 919 

You're not the only one.  I felt exactly the same way.  I liked the movies.  I liked the first husband.  

I tried to watch the series, but it just didn't 'click' with me.  Maybe they should have stuck with just the occasional movie instead of an every week series.

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

@lmt  I agree with everything that you said.  I would love to see a spin-off with Martha as I have always thought that she was a wonderful actor.  Remembering her from Forever Knight.  

@SXMGirl   I remember her from Forever Knight also. I loved that show and hated to see it end.

Catherine Disher Bio, Affair, Divorce, Net Worth, Ethnicity, Age,  Nationality, Height, Actress

THAT'S Martha?!!  I'll have to tell my husband because he can't stand her character on this show, but we both love Forever Knight.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Witch Cancelled

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

The new CEO started in August 2020.  So Good Witch and Chesapeake Shores were announced in July at the TCAs, so she couldn't cancel the series.

I think Chesapeake Shores and Good Witch went into their filming knowing that this was the last season.

I think WCTH was already in production for a month by the time she came on board, so it was too late to wrap the season up.  I think Season 9 will be the last of that and it will wrap up or they will take it somewhere else, like Up TV or it will just be a Canadian show.  But I don't think we will see a Season 10.  I also don't think we will see When Hope Calls.

If Chesapeake Shores hits the trail I won't miss it. I've never cared for Jesse Metcalf. He's a mediocre actor, always looks like he needs a bath and someone really needs to tell him he can't sing. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

re Chris Potter/Original Husband from the movies

I am right there with you all.  I tried several times to get into the series, but I really loved the movies and Catherine Bell/Chris Potter together.

Chris Potter was also doing Heartland at the same time (still is) and back then they were filming 18 episodes a year, so he didn't have the time to film the 8 or 9 for Good Witch.

While he was a co-executive producer of the Good Witch movies (same role Erin Krakow has on When Calls the Heart), I think Heartland was a better move for him because he directs some episodes and there were more episodes (more money) than Good Witch.

Not exactly sure where Good Witch is filmed (in a studio?) but know that Heartland is filmed in Alberta, Canada - who wanted want to film there?

Respected Contributor

@RainyDayGal   Yes, that's really Martha (Catherine Disher) from Forever Knight.

I wish SyFy or another channel would start airing the show again.

Halloween minus 3: Guilty Pleasure - "Forever Knight": ken_of_ghastria —  LiveJournal

natalie lambert appreciation, forever knight, catherine disher, natalie  lambert, series: natalie + tape recorder | Vampire romances, Tv couples,  Knight

John Kapelos, Geraint Wyn Davies & Catherine Disher. Forever Knight. | Old  tv shows, Film noir, Movie tv

simplymariac - Tumblr blog | Tumgir