Esteemed Contributor

@lmt  I agree with everything that you said.  I would love to see a spin-off with Martha as I have always thought that she was a wonderful actor.  Remembering her from Forever Knight.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

re Chris Potter/Original Husband from the movies

I am right there with you all.  I tried several times to get into the series, but I really loved the movies and Catherine Bell/Chris Potter together.

Chris Potter was also doing Heartland at the same time (still is) and back then they were filming 18 episodes a year, so he didn't have the time to film the 8 or 9 for Good Witch.

While he was a co-executive producer of the Good Witch movies (same role Erin Krakow has on When Calls the Heart), I think Heartland was a better move for him because he directs some episodes and there were more episodes (more money) than Good Witch.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I liked Chris Potter, but I also like James Denton.  The only thing that made it less enjoyable for me was this season's story lines.  There was less "magic" and more every day angst.

I don't need any more of that.

Did anyone here watch "Once Upon a Time"?  I loved that from start to finish.  Absolutely love Robert Carlyle in anything.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt - I agree with you.  Joy's character is boring and there has been too much focus on her.

This season everyone was so unhappy and it was boring.

I enjoyed it when Cassie had guests at Grey House and she was in the store more often.

I'm sorry to see it end, but the writers ruined this show,

Respected Contributor

Re: Good Witch Cancelled

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl wrote:

@lmt  I agree with everything that you said.  I would love to see a spin-off with Martha as I have always thought that she was a wonderful actor.  Remembering her from Forever Knight.  

@SXMGirl   I remember her from Forever Knight also. I loved that show and hated to see it end.

Catherine Disher Bio, Affair, Divorce, Net Worth, Ethnicity, Age,  Nationality, Height, Actress

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Witch Cancelled

[ Edited ]

You could pretty clearly see the handwriting on the wall with this one. Although the 'announcement' might just have been made, the direction the show has been headed this season made it relatively clear they were wrapping things up. My own view is that after more than a decade they'd probably gone about as far as they could go with this premise. The series has been on a downward spiral for a while, with this season being seriously lackluster. To me, the movies were always better than the series. Still, with better writing and bit more inspired casting Good Witch might have eeked out a few more seasons and it's a shame to see it go out with a whimper rather than a bang. I will say that if Hallmark wants to retool their vibe, they might take a good long look at their insipid and ever-present Christmas movies. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

@SXMGirl   I remember her from Forever Knight also. I loved that show and hated to see it end.

Catherine Disher Bio, Affair, Divorce, Net Worth, Ethnicity, Age,  Nationality, Height, Actress

What happened to her?? She doesn't even look like the same person to me. I think letting yourself go is an understatement. She's only 61 now.

Honored Contributor

These two "feel good" series (WCTH and GW) changed this year.  I don't watch WCTH for the angst.  If I wanted angst, I would watch This is Us.

I counted on feeling good and uplifted after watching WCTH.  Not anymore.

I do hope they don't change the Hallmark movie formula and start giving us angsty movies which depressing endings.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

What happened to her?? She doesn't even look like the same person to me. I think letting yourself go is an understatement. She's only 61 now.

For all we know the weight gain is a health issue.  Hopefully the hair and style is character driven.

Honored Contributor

Catherine Disher is still a great actress and perfect for the role of "Martha" no matter "what happened to her".  Not everyone in this business has to conform to the stick-thin, perfect "no wrinkles" formula.  It would be pretty boring.

I like her just the way she is and really enjoyed her role in "Good Witch".