Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I do not think that this is a surprise to regular, long-time viewers, but the finale will be Sunday, July 25.  Ratings are down, even though that is not being given as the reason for the cancellation.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I've been struggling to keep my interest in this past season. It hasn't been that good and it's getting sort of boring. I'll be glad to see the end of it, sorry to say.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry it's ending even though it's lost it's magic.

Honored Contributor

I'll also be sorry to see it end, but I suppose the actors likely want to do other things, so it must be hard keeping the cast together.

I hadn't heard that this was the final season, but it sounded like that, when I watched it tonight.  "Final Episode" instead of "Season Finale".  And it was really weird with Cassie talking to her dead parents!

Respected Contributor

I'm sad but I believe it the fault of the writers...the stories used to be good, always help an outsider and then the stories went off in another direction.

Could be the crew is just plain tired.

Honored Contributor

Literally I thought it lost its magic when the original husband was killed off. I heard that he had other obligations.  I really enjoy the movies though.  I always that they were cute.  The wedding to the first husband was nice.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Literally I thought it lost its magic when the original husband was killed off. I heard that he had other obligations.  I really enjoy the movies though.  I always that they were cute.  The wedding to the first husband was nice.

@sunshine 919  That’s when I stopped watching when they got rid of the first husband. Everything seemed to change.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@sunshine 919  That’s when I stopped watching when they got rid of the first husband. Everything seemed to change.

Thank you, I thought I was the only one lol

Respected Contributor

I've always loved a Middleton escape, but not this season. I'm suspecting the cast knew that they would be wrapping it up, since the vibe, and acting, has been way off.

I get the feeling they would have just phoned it in if they could. It's a disappointing exit for those who've been part of a dedicated fan base. 

Respected Contributor

I loved all the movies and the first five seasons of the series. After that the show really started to go off the rails. No more magic, no more charm.

It's sad to see what this once enchanting show has devolved into.

Too many good characters left the show over the years - Derek, Eve, Brandon, Tara, Lori, Grace, Nick. It's a shame Bailee Madison wanted to leave the series since I thought the relationship between Grace and Cassie was the heart of the show.

I noticed a change in the series starting with season 6. I thought the stories weren't very interesting, but this year they were even worse. It's like the writers ran out of ideas and were spitballing to see if anything would stick.

I miss the interaction that Cassie had with her guests at Grey House. It seems that the B&B aspect of the show this year was completely forgotten.

Ditto Bell, Book & Candle. Very few scenes were featured at my favorite store in town.

Was never a fan of James Denton, but his acting this year is so wooden. He's been phoning it in all this season. It's like he wants to be anyplace else. There's no chemistry between him and Catherine Bell. They seemed to make his character so angry over his accident. I always thought it was odd that Cassie never offered him a tea or a balm that might have helped him with his injury. Her 'magic' always helped other people in the past.

Stephanie and the younger guy . . . ICK! 

Joy is the most boring character they ever had on the show. Don't care at all about her or her new romance.

My favorite character has always been Martha. It was nice to see that they gave Tom more screen time this year. I'd love to see a spin-off with these two characters. Imagine what Martha could get into!

Next week's episode is titled The Wedding. Will Donovan and Abigail finally get married? Or will it be Adam and Stephanie?

At this point does anyone even care?