Respected Contributor

Good One On Hulu

[ Edited ]

While surfing around, I found a gem on Hulu.  It is called "11/22/63." Stephen King and JJ Abrams are the producers and James Franco the star.  It is based on a Stephen King novel.

It it about a person going through a portal in 2016 back to 1960 to spend 3 years trying to prevent the assassination of JFK.  The story is quite good as those years are unfolding.  Of course, music from that era is offered also.

It is 8 episodes and I was hooked after the first one. If you are looking for something different and offbeat, this is a good one.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

I read the book last year and loved it! Had no idea it was on HULU. I think it was the best Stephen KIng book. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@DJP   If you read the book, you will most likely enjoy the series.

I would like to know how closely the book was followed.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha  11/22/63-was my introduction to Stephen King and I was completely hooked.  I think I will watch this as I quilt this winter.  I saw one episode but DH didn't care for it.  I watch ones he doesn't like while quilting through the winter.  Enjoy!  LM

Valued Contributor

@Mersha   As soon as I watch it, I will let you know. I'm anxious to see how closely it followed the book too.

Valued Contributor

I read the book a few years ago and watched the series. It was on Netflix or Prime first I think (a lot of shows jump around to different platforms it seems). Totally enjoyed both. The book is very long and of course the series can't address everything, but they did a pretty good job with it. They kept pretty true to the story.  It had a nice ending too if I remember correctly.  

Respected Contributor

I just finished the series and liked it very much.

@Linda0215   You are right, it was a happy ending.