Honored Contributor

It's here!   Yay! 

Great reviews!  I already know I love it because Neil Gaiman did it and the cast then the trailers.  David Tennant.

Since it was announced I planned to get up at 3 a.m. (midnight on Amazon) and watch all six in a row.  That couldn't happen but can't wait to see it as soon as I can.

Non-Amazon Prime people remember, you can get a 30-day free trial and cancel.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

It's here!   Yay! 

Great reviews!  I already know I love it because Neil Gaiman did it and the cast then the trailers.  David Tennant.

Since it was announced I planned to get up at 3 a.m. (midnight on Amazon) and watch all six in a row.  That couldn't happen but can't wait to see it as soon as I can.

Non-Amazon Prime people remember, you can get a 30-day free trial and cancel.

@LoriLori  I watched about half of episode one,  Love the actors (David Tennant, of course!).  I'll finish episode one tomorrow.  Do you know how long all the episodes will be available?  I would guess at least a month or two, right?

I loved how they did the beginning!  Don't know if each episode will start that way, but it was quite striking visually. 

Honored Contributor

@smoky22 

Pure guess but I think the episodes will be available awhile. 

Gaiman signed an exclusive contract with Amazon going forward (a lot of his stuff, including The Cemetery Book, were already owned by other companies).  

And they spent four years and big bucks maing it so between the upcoming stuff and their investment you'd think they would keep it around a while.

(Don't know if this applies but in May or June 2017 I signed up for Showtime for Twin Peaks The Return and it's still available on Showtime and sometimes I still watch pieces of it.)

I hope to watch it all ASAP.  Maybe some tomorrow.  I'm extra looking forward to the beginning because you loved it.  

Honored Contributor

Amazon's series tend to stay on the service forever. Mainstream movies come and go, but their own stuff (shows and movies) stay on Amazon forever. I haven't watched this yet, but Bosch, The Grand Tour, Marvelous Mrs. Maizel, and more are all very good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

I’m looking forward to this series, too. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

Have you watched it yet? I’ve only watched the first couple episodes but I like it! 

Honored Contributor

@smoky22   @willdob3 

Watched first two parts and couldn't love it more.   Everything about it is surpassing my very high expectations. 

Check in as you get to watch more and I'll do the same.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

I have prime for 1 year as a bonus when I signed up with Verizon FIOS

need to watch some programs now - I don't buy enough from Amazon to need prime and usually get free shipping since it surpasses the minimum amt needed

how can you not mentioned Jon Hamm? I googled Good Omens and saw that he is also on the show

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@LoriLori 

how can you not mentioned Jon Hamm? I googled Good Omens and saw that he is also on the show

@willdob3   @smoky22 

I've read the book four, maybe five times.  Most recently to refresh myself, it had been a few years.  Gabriel isn't a character in the book, I read he gets a mention or two but that's it, I don't remember it, it's not important.

And your question sent me searching for why Gabriel (thanks!)...

...and I learned Gaiman and Pratchett were writing a sequel for quite a while, had gotten pretty far in plotting and outlining some sections but it became too hard when Gaiman moved to the U.S.  The sequel focused on the angels.

So Gaiman added in Gabriel to Good Omens to honor the work the and his beloved Pratchett did on the sequel.  That's why I didn't mention Gabriel. 

(He also fought to have Anges Nutter included.  It was an expensive sequence and Amazon-BBC2 didn't want to do it because of the expense, but he fought for it because Pratchett came up with her, wrote her bits and was fond of her so he fought for his beloved brilliant friend. 

(I loved the little Agnes Nutter sequence and thought it was necessary context for Anathema.)

But since you brought it up, Yahooey, he's a great addition and OMG Jon Hamm and those purple eyes.  He does comedy so well, that twinkle.

I read he's seriously thinking of using all the material they created to do a sequel for Amazon instead of a book.

Also learned in Aziraphale's bookshop there's a hat and scarf around a teeny corner from the stack of Pratchett's books and the hat and scarf belonged to Pratchett.  And that Gaiman had an empty seat next to him at the premiere on which he put that same hat and another one of Pratchett's scarves.

What a guy.  Both.  The feels!  Laughs and feels, yay!

I saw episodes three and four.  The first half of three is epic.  It all.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed it very much.  I could watch it again, a lot going on, I think I missed some of the subtleties.