Honored Contributor

My apology but I do not see an ongoing thread about the current show.

I was wondering if people think Lucy was really killed on Rio's orders.

I felt so sorry for her and while this show has its dark moments, that shooting really shocked me and really drove this show into a deeper and darker setting.

There are still some light moments (the bird looked like a marshmello Peep in Annie's hand and the bird chirping when Ben went in to get a roll of TP for Chris-Kevin) but the dark humor has become more just dark and less and less humor.

With "Emergence" being canceled I wonder if Allison Tolman will return as Mary Pat.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

There are so many twists in this series I never do believe what they want me to believe.

If Rio thinks she has value, he didn't shoot her, but IDK

Au Jus is not going to survive in the Boland house!

Honored Contributor

Dean caused all of this.  He still doesn't get it-once Beth was in with Rio, there would be no getting out.

Au Jus Heart   I miss my birdie.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I was really shocked when he shot Lucy.  She was such a sweet, innocent character and I was looking forward to seeing more of her and her boyfriend.  It did indeed take a very, very dark turn and I much preferred it the way it used to be, i.e., a little lighter with some humor.  I loved the adorable bird and felt so sad that Lucy will not be there for him any longer and now he is with strangers.

Honored Contributor

I just saw Dean in a movie. Horror or Sci-Fi, I didn't stick around to find out. Did we have to see that scene with Annie and her 'latest'? She kind of made me sick.

Poor birdie.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Girls *SPOILERS*

[ Edited ]

"Dean" played Shaggy in the Scooby Doo series forever.

He did the live action & the voice in the cartoons

You ought to go check him out.

Well maybe not, every time I see him in Good Girls I think Hey Shaggy!   LOL

@Judaline wrote:

I just saw Dean in a movie. Horror or Sci-Fi, I didn't stick around to find out. Did we have to see that scene with Annie and her 'latest'? She kind of made me sick.

Poor birdie.

Respected Contributor

I have to say, I'm not liking the direction Good Girls is going. It now seems to be a more dark, serious drama. The reason I liked Good Girls in Season 1 was the tone of the show. It was a light-hearted, crime caper, of sorts. It was fun to try and figure out how the ladies got in and out of their many misadventures. Now, it's dark and brooding. Not sure, I'm going to watch any more episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I was really shocked when he shot Lucy.  She was such a sweet, innocent character and I was looking forward to seeing more of her and her boyfriend.  It did indeed take a very, very dark turn and I much preferred it the way it used to be, i.e., a little lighter with some humor.  I loved the adorable bird and felt so sad that Lucy will not be there for him any longer and now he is with strangers.

I agree....i really like this show....i like the characters....mainly  Annie and Ruby.......they are so funny not as crazy about  the main character Beth(?).....anyway......the show like  you say has been humorous with an edge...but i agree the shooting of Lucy turned me off.............and i think the SAME scenerio over and over has just caused the show to go to a darker place because it doesn't know WHERE to go anymore...........not sure how much longer i will be watching............to me the three ladies are coming off more selfish when before they seemed more sympathetic................its like they aren't thinking of the welfare of their families at all..............i would just kill Rio even if it meant me dying too to protect my family!!  But

this time MAKE SURE he is dead

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess we've seen the last of Dorita. Clever, the boy whistling her favorite tune, hahaha.

Why do they keep showing those close ups of Beth with no expression on her face. Yes, she's lovely to look at but on with the show already. Speaking of Beth, she certainly is innovative. She can find a solution for anything and everything. But she underestimates Rio.

Respected Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

I have to say, I'm not liking the direction Good Girls is going. It now seems to be a more dark, serious drama. The reason I liked Good Girls in Season 1 was the tone of the show. It was a light-hearted, crime caper, of sorts. It was fun to try and figure out how the ladies got in and out of their many misadventures. Now, it's dark and brooding. Not sure, I'm going to watch any more episodes.

Diva on The Q:  I could not have expressed it better.  It is getting way too dark and brooding.  I will stick it out and see what happens but I don't like the direction this show is going in.