Honored Contributor

Good Girls-More New Episodes July 1st and 8th

[ Edited ]

I had no idea that there would be two new episodes last night.

I just caught up on HULU.  I imagine these were two that were not completed in time because of the pandemic and they were now able to finish.

I looked for a thread and didn't see one.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good Girls-Double New Episodes Last Night 6/24/21

I really like that show.  BUT - I am way behind.  I am slowly watching the ones I had recorded, and I am watching ones that aired over a year ago.  Believe it or not, some shows have a running ticker at the bottom of the screen that inform how many COVID positives there were in a certain county.  I think the number was like 18 in the one I watched last night.  If we only knew what was coming!  I do get a kick out of the women and how they relate to each other.  I am glad this show has stuck around.  

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I just caught up on HULU.  I imagine these were two that were not completed in time because of the pandemic and they were now able to finish.

I started one a while back. I'm done with the show. It got a little too raw for me. Beth and Rio. I must be a prude.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I started one a while back. I'm done with the show. It got a little too raw for me. Beth and Rio. I must be a prude.

@Judaline   It's just not to your taste and that is fine. 

For me I think the show has just become kind of the same ol' same ol'.

I wasn't thrilled with Beth and Rio either only because I didn't think it really added to the storyline.

It's become wash, rinse, repeat-and not just the money.

I still keep up but honestly I thought the two new episodes last night were a bit of a yawn.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love this show but bummer news:  NBC just canceled it and Netflix won't pick it up for a shortened season 5 to wrap things up.

The last new episode is scheduled to air July 22nd.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Love this show but bummer news:  NBC just canceled it and Netflix won't pick it up for a shortened season 5 to wrap things up.

The last new episode is scheduled to air July 22nd.

@feline groovy   I didn't know it was canceled!  Netflix tends to run behind anyway in that they won't show Season 4 until Season 5 is completed.  I noticed that with other series.

Netflix has Seasons 1-3 right now.

HULU has Good Girls but stays with the current season.  I watch it the next day on HULU.

I'm not surprised it's being canceled.  It's become the same thing over and over so it's time to stop circling the airport, tie up all the family issues and put an end to Manny and his "cousin" although I hope the three "girls" do not have to relocate.

And for heaven's sake-the storyline with the homeless guy is so dumb.

It's just lost any steam and excitement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3:

I didn't know about the cancel either until I went to https://tvline.com/ after seeing it in their newsletter.

The show has been "on the bubble" and even though NBC dumped Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and others, I still held out a smidgen of hope for Good Girls.

Agree with you that it's not really a surprise, and that it would've been nice to have these experienced ladies (and maybe Stan and Dean) stay where they are while officially working for the feds on 'special' cases like Rio and his family.

But there was talk that Netflix might keep it for a short season 5 to give the show a way to wrap things up.

Oh, well... no sense in watching the remaining episodes, so I deleted it from my Hulu list where I've watched it since the beginning.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Cakers3:

I didn't know about the cancel either until I went to https://tvline.com/ after seeing it in their newsletter.

The show has been "on the bubble" and even though NBC dumped Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and others, I still held out a smidgen of hope for Good Girls.

Agree with you that it's not really a surprise, and that it would've been nice to have these experienced ladies (and maybe Stan and Dean) stay where they are while officially working for the feds on 'special' cases like Rio and his family.

But there was talk that Netflix might keep it for a short season 5 to give the show a way to wrap things up.

Oh, well... no sense in watching the remaining episodes, so I deleted it from my Hulu list where I've watched it since the beginning.

@feline groovy   Working for the feds would be a good storyline.

I don't know if production has started for the final season so maybe they will wrap things up.

I started to get bored when Andrew McCarthy was killed.   Shows how much Rio and his family find things out.

Honored Contributor

Another new episode aired July 1st and there will be another one on July 8th (Thursday).

I thought the last two double episodes only were catching up from production held up with COVID.

It looks like this season is going to tie up the series finale.

I only caught the July 1st episode because it airs on HULU the next day.

Good Girls will be ending but Netflix was due to pick up the show but that has fallen through.

As much I as enjoyed this show, it probably is best to let it go gracefully.

It's the same thing every week and it's kind of lost its spark.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Girls-More New Episodes July 1st and 8th

Reminder:  New episode tomorrow Thursday July 8th.