Honored Contributor
Nichol Williamson (very good actor) trains his dogs to kill, and Columbo has to find out what the attack word is that triggers the dogs. From 1978

Interesting: cast members include Sex and the City's Kim Catrall and Ed Begley Jr. Both of whom had to be pretty young in this episode.
Honored Contributor

Agree this is one of the better Columbo episodes.  Kim was very young and at least she is still recognizable!!!

Honored Contributor

Nichol Williamson is excellent--  I'd almost forgotten about him.

Honored Contributor

It's been a Quantum Leap afternoon at our house but we'll soon switch over to Columbo. We also watched some Hart To Hart episodes this morning. One of those lazy days before the work week begins.

Esteemed Contributor
Thanks for highlighting. I don’t often watch Columbo, but do enjoy when I catch it weekend mornings on Hallmark M&M. Anyways, I particularly love the dobermans. Growing up, they seemed to be “the” dog and I’ve always loved them. Even got a minpin once for the mere fact they looked like little mini dobies!
Honored Contributor
I loved watching the Dobes, whom I'd forgotten were Laurel and Hardy in the show. Gosh those dogs were so well trained and I loved how they moved in synch.

I could barely recognize Cattrell. I don't think I ever realized that was she before. ( Of course most times I've seen that Columbo was before Sex and the City). She was so young and it was her brown hair and much fuller face that threw me off (and possibly she later had a nose job).
And my goodness Ed Begley Jr. --so young and looked great with a mustache. I always thought his dad was quite homely but he certainly had a much better-looking son.

It was a really good Columbo. I'm glad I watched it again.
Honored Contributor
I only see Columbo on Hallmark in the mornings....where is it on other times?
Respected Contributor

Re: Good Columbo Tonight

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess It’s on ME TV, going to watch it right now 😀

Honored Contributor
It's on at 8pm ET on MeTV on Sunday nights.

@lovesrecess
Honored Contributor

We watch a lot of Columbo but had never seen that one @Pearlee  When I read about it on the tv website, they mentioned being able to see the peanut butter smeared on Peter Fall's face when the dogs "attacked" him on the pool table near the end of the show. We were able to spot it. Of course, they were no longer programmed to attack and just licked his face. Definitely one of the best episodes.