Esteemed Contributor

one of my TV pleasures are some of these shows on HGTV. Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, and Good Bones being my shows of choice.  I am watching Good bones last night which is a mother and daughter team that  find these disgusting homes, remodel them into something beautiful and sell them for a profit. 

I am watching last nights episode and they are in one of the disgusting homes. The condo that they are remodeling when they walk through had a rat bait station... Inside the house. This should tell you something.  The mother makes a bet with her stepson, that if he gets a roach she will eat it. Of course he finds one and she eats it. My question is why???

I was thoroughly disgusted. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched the Chip and Joanna Gaines show since the episode when Chip ate a cockroach. Disgusting!  I've gotten so sick of real estate and fix-it-up shows on HGTV, I never watch that channel anymore.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I was watching last night but missed the cockroach scene.

The mom seems to act more bizarre every show, once she said she was a feces smell expert. Plus she's always getting hurt.    Mina is very smart & seems to be the only stable one on the show.   I can also do without the brother/son & his silly friends.

Must be jump the shark time

Honored Contributor

Karen is an odd duck.

Mina said in one of the "expanded" episodes that the first two season, they cut out stuff because they didn't think the audience was ready for their kind of wacky behavior.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

One thing I do like about "Good bones" is that they don't try to make a killing on each home they remodel.  They buy homes in upcoming neighborhoods, remodel at a decent cost and then sell affordably for a wider audience. 

Honored Contributor

I couldn't even go into one of those homes, so I give them a lot of credit!

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Karen is an odd duck.

Mina said in one of the "expanded" episodes that the first two season, they cut out stuff because they didn't think the audience was ready for their kind of wacky behavior.

Karen is quirky for sure, I don't mind her goofiness that much. I think she has good old fashioned design style.  It's her constant chuckling, laughing that gets on my nerves.  She was a defense attorney.  I don't know if she still practices.

Honored Contributor

They've been flipping homes for years, they do flip homes not featured on the show.

But I do admire them for trying to revitalize these forgotten neighborhoods.

@orphan annie325 wrote:

One thing I do like about "Good bones" is that they don't try to make a killing on each home they remodel.  They buy homes in upcoming neighborhoods, remodel at a decent cost and then sell affordably for a wider audience. 

Esteemed Contributor

@orphan annie325 wrote:

@orphan annie325 

I appreciate that as well. Unlike Flip or Flop which is another one of my fav shows to watch, I believe  primarily because I like the designs that Christina comes up with. Tarek (sp) is always trying to make a killing and  do everything on the cheap. I have wondered if they have investors and perhaps that's the reason why he needs to make as large of a profit as necessary so that everyone can get a cut.

Esteemed Contributor

I am appreciative of the Good Bones ladies efforts.  Remodeling/upgrading the run down derelicts is a good thing for cities. 

I too was grossed out at the mother eating the cockroach - they come out of sewers. 

Chip Gaines also did the same thing.  Gross and what sort of example is that for his small children. 

I just think the both of them want attention.  

I would think that 'flippers' would buy up those abandoned row houses and such over in the city of Baltimore.  That city and area could use some real sweat and innovation.  There is money to be made.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust