Esteemed Contributor

I have watched most of the flip shows, and gradually I tire of them. The Gaines family no longer interests me at all. I was never that impressed with Chip to begin with. I remember the cockroache snack, and I also remember him drinking dirty river water out of his dirty, sweaty boot. Most of the stuff he does looks like a desperate attempt at attention. Flip or Flop has Christina in front of a fan blowing her hair when she talks directly to the camera.  She's somewhat of a diva. Tarek and his crew do all the work while she runs around pronouncing judgement. I actually like Mina and Karen on Good Bones. I love seeing women involved in work some people seem to reserve for men only. Rehab Addict was also a woman. Girl power!!! Mina and Karen have several projects going on at the same time. The filming skips back and forth which is why Mina is pregnant at the beginning of one remodel, but is not by the time it is done. I think there is one called Home Town, which takes place in Laurel Miississippi. That couple is kind of sweet, and she is a artist as well. The Atlanta Flip or Flop is not my favorite. Boise Boys is kind of comical, and the designer guy has an interesting back story of adopting special needs kids. Then there's the ones in the desert: Palm Springs and Las Vegas. I usually don't relate to the Vegas style. The one that really impresses me is Windy City Rehab, out of Chicago and the rehab is on very expensive city mansions. I'm tired of Property Brothers, as I think the network has oversaturated them. Finally my least liked show is Love It or List It. Quite frankly, I just wished the network would go back to the variety they once had in their shows. I miss that.

Honored Contributor

Mina will say the city called her about a property.  There was one where the city gave it to her for free.  The land alone has some value.

Mina is also a real estate agent and so she also is out finding buyers for these places.  She put her sister and two kids in the condo.  I suspect Mina will let her live there for free and be the property manager.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

When Mina built her own house, it was a bit much.  When they panned out and you see the house on either side, it's pretty outlandish.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Bargain Mansions bugs me.  They aren't exactly mansions in the true sense of the word, so it's a bit of a stretch.

I think they air the show this way and it's not the way she does the house, because it makes no sense.  Each house is 2 episodes.  She does the first floor first, stages it, invites friends or whatever over and they ooh and aah over it all.  Then she does the upstairs?  So now you have workmen and debris and everythign walking through the first floor that you just finished?  It makes no sense.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I have watched most of the flip shows, and gradually I tire of them. The Gaines family no longer interests me at all. I was never that impressed with Chip to begin with. I remember the cockroache snack, and I also remember him drinking dirty river water out of his dirty, sweaty boot. Most of the stuff he does looks like a desperate attempt at attention. Flip or Flop has Christina in front of a fan blowing her hair when she talks directly to the camera.  She's somewhat of a diva. Tarek and his crew do all the work while she runs around pronouncing judgement. I actually like Mina and Karen on Good Bones. I love seeing women involved in work some people seem to reserve for men only. Rehab Addict was also a woman. Girl power!!! Mina and Karen have several projects going on at the same time. The filming skips back and forth which is why Mina is pregnant at the beginning of one remodel, but is not by the time it is done. I think there is one called Home Town, which takes place in Laurel Miississippi. That couple is kind of sweet, and she is a artist as well. The Atlanta Flip or Flop is not my favorite. Boise Boys is kind of comical, and the designer guy has an interesting back story of adopting special needs kids. Then there's the ones in the desert: Palm Springs and Las Vegas. I usually don't relate to the Vegas style. The one that really impresses me is Windy City Rehab, out of Chicago and the rehab is on very expensive city mansions. I'm tired of Property Brothers, as I think the network has oversaturated them. Finally my least liked show is Love It or List It. Quite frankly, I just wished the network would go back to the variety they once had in their shows. I miss that.

@RainCityWoman 

I am also over The Gaines show, although at one time I was a big fan. Christina is definitely a diva, and I was not surprised when her and Tarek ended up divorcing. I still love the designs that she comes up with.

I enjoy Good Bones, it's one of my favs, but that scene the other night really turned me off. I have started watching Boise Boys on demand, I believe I am on season 2. The design guy is definitely different. I am sort of wondering when him and his wife are going to stop with the adopting of the special needs kids. That has to be exhausting, and how do you devote enough time to each child?

I have watched the one in Palm Springs several times and I do enjoy that show. I am not a fan of the Las Vegas one at all. Everything always looks classless and tacky to me. I watched an episode where she painted the kitchen cabinets pink. Why...It's not only your personal taste but I would think that you would want to appeal to as large of a base as possible to make sales. They sold the condo, but I remember them saying that the buyer had her repaint the cabinets. 

Regular Contributor

I like both Karen and Mina on Good Bones but my favorite is show is Hometown.  Ben and Erin seem like nice and down to earth people.  Someone you would like to have as your neighbor.  Plus, you can tell they actually love and respect one another so there's no drama involved!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

one of my TV pleasures are some of these shows on HGTV. Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, and Good Bones being my shows of choice.  I am watching Good bones last night which is a mother and daughter team that  find these disgusting homes, remodel them into something beautiful and sell them for a profit. 

I am watching last nights episode and they are in one of the disgusting homes. The condo that they are remodeling when they walk through had a rat bait station... Inside the house. This should tell you something.  The mother makes a bet with her stepson, that if he gets a roach she will eat it. Of course he finds one and she eats it. My question is why???

I was thoroughly disgusted. 

@icezeus 

I saw that show, too!  I think she's the Chip Gaines of HGTV!

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@RainCityWoman 

I am also over The Gaines show, although at one time I was a big fan. Christina is definitely a diva, and I was not surprised when her and Tarek ended up divorcing. I still love the designs that she comes up with.

I enjoy Good Bones, it's one of my favs, but that scene the other night really turned me off. I have started watching Boise Boys on demand, I believe I am on season 2. The design guy is definitely different. I am sort of wondering when him and his wife are going to stop with the adopting of the special needs kids. That has to be exhausting, and how do you devote enough time to each child?

I have watched the one in Palm Springs several times and I do enjoy that show. I am not a fan of the Las Vegas one at all. Everything always looks classless and tacky to me. I watched an episode where she painted the kitchen cabinets pink. Why...It's not only your personal taste but I would think that you would want to appeal to as large of a base as possible to make sales. They sold the condo, but I remember them saying that the buyer had her repaint the cabinets. 

@icezeus 

Looks like Christina has "Flipped" her former husband, her show, her home, and maybe even her kids (she's pregnant with the new husband!!)