Honored Contributor

Gone With The Wind Museum in Georgia

Marietta, Georgia has a GWTW museum!  I can't believe I didn't know that since I love the movie and costumes so much!

Has anyone been?  

Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum | Official Georgia Tourism ...

Respected Contributor

Re: Gone With The Wind Museum in Georgia

I would love that experience as it was one of my favorite movies.  I love shows with the big antebellum homes, must be my southern roots from being born in Mississippi.  If you get to go, please share as my travels are currently limited.

Regular Contributor

Where did all these items come from. An auction or some place. I love those kind of dresses.

Super Contributor

I had no idea! That is so interesting- I would love to go see it!

Esteemed Contributor

One of my all time favorite movies. When I was a kid it was playing in our local movie theater.My mom took me to see it for the first time. There was real fire 🔥 between Clark Gable & Vivien Leigh!! I sure do miss those Hollywood epics. They just don't make them like they used to.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

I would love that experience as it was one of my favorite movies.  I love shows with the big antebellum homes, must be my southern roots from being born in Mississippi.  If you get to go, please share as my travels are currently limited.

@BoomernicholsUnfortunately, I won't be going that far south.  I believe you may be closer than I.  I'm in the Appalachian Mountains of NC.

I do have the GWTW plates from the Bradford Mint.

20200405_163735.jpg

If you go to ebay, it shouldn't be hard to put the set together. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG If I ever get to go, I will certainly take pictures and share!  I live in northwest Mississippi and always said if I had a girl, she would be Scarlett, go figure, it did not happen.........

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@ECBG If I ever get to go, I will certainly take pictures and share!  I live in northwest Mississippi and always said if I had a girl, she would be Scarlett, go figure, it did not happen.........

@Boomernichols Thank you.  My nickname in college was "Scarlett".

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  Nice to meet you Scarlett!  You are welcome, I have now added Marietta to my bucket list.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Boomernichols wrote:

@Boomernichols Thank you.  My nickname in college was "Scarlett".

@Boomernichols Sorry to bother.  I just looked on ebay, and the Bradford Mint series is there.  From $90, on down.  One offer shows the original boxes.  I believe that one  was free SH!