Respected Contributor

Re: Gone With The Wind Museum in Georgia

I've never been to the GWTW museum, but the mention reminded me of Stone Mountain Park in GA.  I'd been there many years ago as I was interested in the Civil War.

For those not familiar it's (what I call) the Mount Rushmore of the Confederacy.  Mammoth carvings into the mountain of Jefferson Davis, and Generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Out of curiosity, I Googled it, and yes, there are protestors wanting it destroyed, similar to all the statues being removed.

That will be quite a job.

Denise
Respected Contributor

I've been to GA, but had no idea there was such a museum. Darn! 

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

I've never been to the GWTW museum, but the mention reminded me of Stone Mountain Park in GA.  I'd been there many years ago as I was interested in the Civil War.

For those not familiar it's (what I call) the Mount Rushmore of the Confederacy.  Mammoth carvings into the mountain of Jefferson Davis, and Generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Out of curiosity, I Googled it, and yes, there are protestors wanting it destroyed, similar to all the statues being removed.

It was only about 100 people.  I would be shocked if that happened and it's not the main reason most people go.  At some point, you have to respect everyone's history and I say that as a temporary Yankee transplant.  I really don't see that happening anytime soon. 

Honored Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

Here is information on the GWTW "Road to Tara" museum in Jonesboro, GA (Clayton County):

https://www.claytoncountyfilmtourism.com/gone-with-wind/

@Pandalady I thought there was a second something somewhere.  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@May5 wrote:

Where did all these items come from. An auction or some place. I love those kind of dresses. 

The Set of the Original Movie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denisemb wrote:

There are no words... You don't obliterate history by removing statues or monuments... As some have become so fond of saying on these boards you can't fix stupid...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...