Esteemed Contributor

I watched this movie earlier today and don't understand what some of you are saying about being disappointed in "the end".....  What happened at the end?   Maybe I dozed off????

I also don't understand who the father is.    Also, what was she doing with that bottle of wine before her boyfriend got home?  What else did I miss?

This flick was recommended by one of my sons yesterday.  So, I TiVo'd it and then my husband decided to TiVo it to watch on Thursday night.  I think it's on twice more.  We should have something to discuss then...... 

Trusted Contributor

Good movie.  Should have won more academy awards.  David Fincher movies are all fabulous.  Why are viewers confused with the end?  They are stuck with each other.  End of story.

Trusted Contributor

I did not read the book, we did watch the movie Sat. night. We enjoyed it...the end left it kind of flat though.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

I  read the book when it first came out, and LOVED it.  I thought the movie was just okay.  If you liked the movie, I think you will probably love the book, too.  It's so much more detailed (I know that's usually the case regarding books & movies), and is a total page-turner.  I had a hard time putting the book down.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I Googled the ending , read several articles on it, and what they all said is that Nick had at one time given his sperm to a sperm bank,  when they went for infertility testing, Nick received a letter saying the sperm would be tossed, if it were not claimed by a certain date. Amy retrieved it, and had herself inseminated with it. she was really prego with this child.

That is what happened! I read the book first, and then just saw the movie on HBO, and I felt the movie followed the book very well. He didn't leave her at the end becuase he feard for how she would raise his child and she may even harm the child and he knew he couldn't live with that, so he stayed for the child's sake!!!!! He was a cheater, but she was unbelivably crazy!!!!!! They did leave out a few things that she had done as achild that showed how disturbed she really was!   

Honored Contributor

I didn't read the book but I saw the movie.  I hated how it ended, so did my friend who went with me.

then I talked to my daughter who read the book and later saw the movie.  She said it ended like the book but she felt it ended that way because he wasn't an angel all of the way through and he thought he could deal with her.

I didn't get the idea he was such a good guy he was staying for the sake of his child.  If that were the case, why wouldn't he try to keep the child?  I think he was just as rotten as she was and the difference was he knew he was rotten.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I didn't read the book but I saw the movie.  I hated how it ended, so did my friend who went with me.

then I talked to my daughter who read the book and later saw the movie.  She said it ended like the book but she felt it ended that way because he wasn't an angel all of the way through and he thought he could deal with her.

I didn't get the idea he was such a good guy he was staying for the sake of his child.  If that were the case, why wouldn't he try to keep the child?  I think he was just as rotten as she was and the difference was he knew he was rotten.

This is just my opinion, but I think he knew he wouldn't stand a chance at getting custody of the child after everything that happened, so he decided to stay and protect the child. That's just my opinion after reading the book, and then seeing the movie! Remember how much he was hated...........

Respected Contributor

Thanks, I didn't see it when it was in the theatres and ON Demand only has it for sale.  They haven't offered it as a rental yet.  So, now I can see it for free.