Esteemed Contributor

Re: Golden Globes tonight! Who are your picks?

@MarnieRez3  I knew I liked OUATIH, but I didn't remember how good it really was until they showed their presentation short.  I wouldn't mind if it won the Oscar. I was so happy for Pitt and hope this is just the start of many awards for him this season.  I don't know if Leo was ever favored to win this particular award - I think some thought Eddie Murphy would win this one just because it's kind of a come back for him (and that's how the Hollywood Foreign Press rolls!).  I still hope Phoenix wins the Oscar, but think Leo will be nominated too.  

I noticed that threw the camera to Aniston when Pitt was talking, but forgot about another one of his famous ex's.

Speaking of said ex...Small confession:  I'm not 100% hating Gwyneth's dress.  I thought it looked ridiculous when she turned around on the red carpet and it looked like you could see her bare butt.  But, I otherwise just don't hate it as much as others do.  Nevertheless, I do agree that there were many many unfortunate designs.  In some instances, there could have just been a little tweak (like why oh why did Michelle William's dress have that turqoise flower(? bird? whatever)  When I saw her close up on stage, the fabric and peachy orange color were beautiful and I did like the basic dress.  But that blue ruined what otherwise may have been a favorite of the night.)

Oh - I also just wanted to say that I didn't make up that acronym - I believe I've seen elsewhere and am just copying it. Too lazy to write the entire name!  haha

Trusted Contributor

Re: Golden Globes tonight! Who are your picks?

@Alter Ego 

I love how honest you are in admitting you didn't make up that acronym! I would have NEVER known, so thanks for the full disclosure.Heart

About Gwyneth's dress, I thought the color was awful and I didn't like the necklace under the netting of the dress. I also wasn't sure if that bralette and visible thong were part of the dress design, or just brown underwear she was wearing.

Agree that Michelle Williams' dress could have done without the turquoise iris flower embellishment because the color was indeed beautiful.

The two dresses I disliked the most - Cate Blanchett's yellow pleated gown and Jodie Komer's green puffed-sleeved dress were designed by Mary Katrantzou, a 36-year-old Greek born designer I had never heard of. I googled her and discovered that both gowns were from the designer's Temple of Poseidon collection and were a love letter to the country of Greece.

I am always torn because I hate the dull same old, same old black dress and long hair Jennifer Anniston wears year after year after year, but then when women take fashion chances and wear something crazy, I attack them for it! Color me confused!

Gurlll... I AM WAY TOO SCARED TO SEE "JOKER!" I adore Joaquin from way back in the day when he played Johnny Cash in "Walk the Line," but there is NO WAY and NO HOW that I can see "Joker." I still have nightmares from seeing The Exorcist when I was a teenager. I salute your courage in going to see that movie!