Honored Contributor

Re: Golden Globes tonight! Who are your picks?

I've only seen Rocketman and The Crown, so I'll record and ff through 99% of it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Tom Hanks and Ellen are getting special awards, too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Won't be watching.

Same here.

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

The last movie at the theatre I saw was "A Star is Born." So, I really don't have any picks this year.  

I'll watch the red carpet show on E!   I also have it set to record on NBC so I can fast forward through the commercials, and inappropriate nonsense, that sometimes comes out with certain actors and actresses.  

I like the more casual take on dressy fashions at this event.  Except for Billy Porter, he's always fabulous.

Honored Contributor

I do not watch award shows because I always feel if nominated, you did a good enough job to earn an award and each actor/actress should be honored with one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Best Motion Picture - Drama : Joker (I’ve only seen two of the nominees, but I can't imagine any of the other nominees would effect me more or make me continue thinking about until well after the movie was over.)

Best Motion Picture - musical/comedy : OUATIH

Actor - Drama : Joaquin Phoenix

Actor - Comedy : Eddie Murphy

Actress - Drama : Renee Zellweger

Supporting Actor : Brad Pitt ❤️

Best TV Drama : Killing Eve

TV Actress Drama : Jodie Comer (but would be good with Aniston, although I didn’t see the show.)

Supporting TV Actress : Meryl Streep (even though I hated her character. To be honest, I would prefer Laura Dern to win here, but she’s not nominated for Big Little Lies!!)

Original Song : Beautiful Ghosts by Taylor Swift (Cats)

Best original score : 1917

I really have no opinion about the other categories.

Valued Contributor

Annette Bening looks great.

Esteemed Contributor

When Patricia Arquette won I knew she wouldn't leave it at "Thank you" (she didn't disappoint).   Also glad that "1917" won one major award already.

Esteemed Contributor

Joaquin Phoenix won for best actor and basically they bleeped (at least) 1/2 his speech but they panned the audience's faces (amazing expressions).

Honored Contributor

Golden Globes are my favorite award show.  I have seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Rocketman and Judy.  I love to go to the movies during the week.  I seldom watch TV but I did see 
Fosse/Verdon.  I figure if they win they can spent their acceptance speech on thanking people or anything else that is important to them.  Doesn't bother me.