Trusted Contributor

Golden Globes tonight! Who are your picks?

Am a big movie fan and today it's the start of Awards Season, the Golden Globes...pre-show coverage begins at 2 p.m. PT. Lots of great films this year...my favorites are The Irishman, Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood, Renee Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix, Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino. Biggest disappointment...that Little Women did not receive film and director nominations.

https://www.goldenglobes.com/winners-nominees/2020/all

Who are you rooting for?

Honored Contributor

Re: Golden Globes tonight! Who are your picks?

@KLevineFan wrote:

Am a big movie fan and today it's the start of Awards Season, the Golden Globes...pre-show coverage begins at 2 p.m. PT. Lots of great films this year...my favorites are The Irishman, Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood, Renee Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix, Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino. Biggest disappointment...that Little Women did not receive film and director nominations.

https://www.goldenglobes.com/winners-nominees/2020/all

Who are you rooting for?

I 'll watch, but I haven't see many of these movies. I watch for the fashions and Ricky Gervais.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I am no longer a movie goer, but I will know some of the TV shows. 

Respected Contributor

"JoJo Rabbit,"  Saoirse Ronan, Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce  -- although i won't spend time watching.  

Respected Contributor

My Picks:  Movies - Drama:  The Irishman

Movies - Musical:  Rocketman

Best Supporting Actor in a Dramatic Role:  Al Pacino

I have to think about some of the other nominations as I haven't seen all the films and TV shows yet.

Honored Contributor

I no longer go to movies and rarely watch them... do not know any of the movies or actors either. 

Honored Contributor

It honestly wouldn't be possible for me to care less about any of these award shows. Not to sound snarky, but asked and answered and there you have it...

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Won't be watching.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It honestly wouldn't be possible for me to care less about any of these award shows. Not to sound snarky, but asked and answered and there you have it...

Woman Happy

I agree, IMO the ridiculous amounts of money these celebrities make should be all the 'award' they get!

I never watch any of them either.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I used to enjoy them years back.....but stopped watching because these days the winners are more interested in making polical statements and/or being politically correct that it just isn't entertaining anymore.................they forget the reason they are there...............

I know people that still enjoy it......hope they may....