Honored Contributor

I often don't like the shows that get the highest ratings.  I'm not convinced they use the most accurate methods to get these ratings, but I don't care.  I watch what I like.

My daughter and I really enjoyed the Golden Globes show last night. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

There are degrees of political... While this award show wasn't as glaringly in your face as the last Oscar show, there was still quite a bit of 'personal philosophy' being espoused here, both overtly and covertly. Regardless, the main issue for me was just how blasted boring the show was...

@stevieb

OH NO, Covert personal philosophy!  

Oh, no, no, we can't have THAT!

Good for you, though, sitting through something that bored you so much.  Soldier on!  

Cat LOL

Actually @QueenDanceALot I didn't sit through it. I was surfing trying to find something better and yet every time I surfed by, it was just as boring as it was when I left before...

Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

There are degrees of political... While this award show wasn't as glaringly in your face as the last Oscar show, there was still quite a bit of 'personal philosophy' being espoused here, both overtly and covertly. Regardless, the main issue for me was just how blasted boring the show was...

@stevieb

Good for you, though, sitting through something that bored you so much.  Soldier on!  

Cat LOL

Actually @QueenDanceALot I didn't sit through it. I was surfing trying to find something better and yet every time I surfed by, it was just as boring as it was when I left before...

@stevieb At ease solider. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Regular Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

The "times up!" movement *which is the action part of  metoo) has already raised 14 million to help legally women AND men who have experienced abuse, harrassment or or assault.

Its interesting to see what is being done which we really didn't get to hear too much about last night.

Just search around and read-there are so many things I wasn't aware of what was being done.

And on I think it was Entertainment Tonight America Ferrara and Reese Witherspoon said it was the 4th job -the metoo movement and they had spent the last several days for hours on the phone raising funds.

Some posters don't want to hear this- because it's action taken by people they have been told not to like. None of this has anything to do with agreeing that sexual abuse is a bad thing and we should make sure we call it out when we see it. It's about the messengers. It's about people being indoctrinated against anything Hollywood by a twisted segment of "news" entertainers- which is the most ironic thing of all.

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

Cat LOL

@stevieb At ease solider. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

@MarkeieMark... SIR YES SIR !! Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

The awards show is just a bunch of actors and actress all dressed up for the event. Whatever is political for that year they are all about it. To me they all seem to be just acting not being real people.  Seems like the lights and camera never go off even in everyday life for them. Oprah’s speech hit the nail right on the head about sexual harassment.

Trusted Contributor

Not that anybody asked, but a once a year award show that honors acting achievement is NOT the forum for any distractions, streaking or the reading of prepared political speeches and statements. I do not see a problem at all with the black attire "dress code" except that its been mentioned ad nausem within the past three months. Perhaps the concern should have happened years ago for the women, plus also for the child actors that suffered the rampant pedophilia known in the business. 

dee

Trusted Contributor

Every year at the awards show women get up there and praise harvey Weinstein to the moon and back,Oprah has several pictures of her on the arm of harvey,kissing his cheek,don't tell me she didn't know,meryl Streep for years has praised him like he was the son of god[guess she made several movies for him],don't tell me she didn't know.Any of these women come out and say something after it happen 30 years ago i could care less,they got what they wanted [a career] and now they want to ruin someones life,that iis wrong,if it happens speak up when it happens,I boycott the movies ,award shows and anyone else who shows disrespect for the president,they act like a child who didn't get there way,grow up ,my opinion only.

Honored Contributor

@tucka wrote:

Every year at the awards show women get up there and praise harvey Weinstein to the moon and back,Oprah has several pictures of her on the arm of harvey,kissing his cheek,don't tell me she didn't know,meryl Streep for years has praised him like he was the son of god[guess she made several movies for him],don't tell me she didn't know.Any of these women come out and say something after it happen 30 years ago i could care less,they got what they wanted [a career] and now they want to ruin someones life,that iis wrong,if it happens speak up when it happens,I boycott the movies ,award shows and anyone else who shows disrespect for the president,they act like a child who didn't get there way,grow up ,my opinion only.

Tucka there's no way in Hades some, if not all of the these people were unaware of his activities, therefore..........I don't care what color they wear, how many empty speeches they give, the gig is up, they just refuse to recognize it.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political