Honored Contributor

I wonder if the ratings for these award shows have been steadily declining over the years or if this was the first year because some were boycotting due to what has gone on. 

I quit watching these awards shows years ago because I don't want to watch a bunch of self important blow hards patting themselves on the back and that's what I deem these shows to be.

Honored Contributor

Re: Golden Globes ratings

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew@Lipstickdiva@stevieb@Shelbelle@LisaMofSLC

Thinking more about this group of actors than before, I’d have to say that it hit me as “oh no, this program has a CAUSE.” 😱

So, in general, programs that have a CAUSE can sometimes bother me...fearing they would get preachy or  try to peddle their opinions or push their opinions.

Last night, I thought this potential aspect was handled well.

Nobody got preachy or acted “holier than thou” as far as I could tell. The “cause” was downplayed very nicely...a pleasant surprise.

Sometimes I feel bad for the guys, in general. They are not “on trial.”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

I  watched some of the Golden Globe awards show last night...not impressed ...turned the channel...

Yes, I do believe in freedom of speech and equal treatment for everyone, (I DON'T CONDONE THESE ACTIONS  IN QUESTION BY ANYONE)... but I don't want to watch/hear it on a tv program that's supposed to honor  TALENT,  I am not interested in opinions by the so-called "powerful" rich and famous...

There's a time and place for everything, and I don't think it's fair to the nominees they pick for the awards or to the people who pay good hard-earned money to see these programs/movies.........

Everyone already knows their views/opinions on the subject from all the interviews that have been playing on every news channel or tv talk/radio show for months now....

I can see why the ratings are down...people (me included) are fed up and want to get back to what these programs are supposed to honor...TALENT!.....or why even bother ...

JMO on the subject.....

Honored Contributor

I've lost interest in these award shows.  Years ago I looked forward to all of them.  I didn't even turn it on last night.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven seen much less heard of most of the shows nominated. I watched about 10 minutes and turned the channel.

Trusted Contributor

I was not at all interested in watching.  Now Hollywood wants our accolades because they have finally gotten their act together about sexual harassment.  They should have done that years ago if they were truly so progressive.  

Respected Contributor

Do people still watch these award shows? Does anyone care what these freaks think about ANYTHING? Blech.

Trusted Contributor

When Oprah got up there to accept the nomination award, and then Barbara Steisand with all her shaming, no wonder the audience dropped.  They needed a safe place.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

The majority of the nominated films have not even come out yet, crazy!!

I don't go to very many movies but I saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri and Dunkirk months ago.  I have also seen The Greatest Showman.  I am planning on seeing The Post next week.  

Respected Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

I was not at all interested in watching.  Now Hollywood wants our accolades because they have finally gotten their act together about sexual harassment.  They should have done that years ago if they were truly so progressive.  

I agree with you.  For years they apparently chose their job and fame and money over self respect.  Not a lot of sympathy here,