Esteemed Contributor

Golden Globes ratings

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

5.0 down 11 percent from last year. They may want to rethink the political part or amp up tv and movie quality. I think actors have every right to give their view just as I have every right to boycott. I just don’t get why they would not try to be more enclusive to the people you want to go buy tickets?

Because they are dumb.  That plus they think that everyone should have the same opinions that they do.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Regular Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

5.0 down 11 percent from last year. They may want to rethink the political part or amp up tv and movie quality. I think actors have every right to give their view just as I have every right to boycott. I just don’t get why they would not try to be more enclusive to the people you want to go buy tickets?

What part was political? The part where everyone dressed in black in solidarity against sexual abuse? I hadn't heard that sexual abuse was political. If the event go-ers dressed in black against child abuse, would that be political as well?

Regular Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Because they are dumb.  That plus they think that everyone should have the same opinions that they do.

The "opinion" they were demonstrating was solidarity against sex abuse. I guess your opinion is for sex abuse? Or did I read your post incorrectly.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@Nancy Drew, do you mean the people who are in favor of sexual harassment ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Re: Golden Globes ratings

[ Edited ]

Since I don't have pay channels or streaming, and most nominees come from that these days, I don't watch since I don't know who or what  they're talking about. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The majority of the nominated films have not even come out yet, crazy!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never for a moment thought Oprah being honored would provide a bump. While there are lots of people who like her and a lot of people who admire her accomplishments, there are also a lot of people in neither camp. Personally, I'm not overly fond of her but clearly admire her success. Regardless, though, I could see no over-riding rationale for her to have been given that award at this point in her career. I'd surmise there are probably lots of others that think the same. She's clearly contributed to media, but I'm not sure I'd put her at the top of the list of those potentially deserving the honor.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

As for the show itself, I can see the ratings tanking... Even taking the 'politics' out of the picture, the telecast is endless and relatively boring... There are now so many venues for 'star gazing' that award shows are probably not going to command the audience they once did...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...