Respected Contributor

I watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows for years now. There have been some success relationships that have come out of that franchise as well as Bachelor in Paradise. In this case it just seems like neither wanted to relocate. I think ABC pushed too hard with the televised wedding so soon after the show ended. I always root for someone to do well. At least there was a prenup in place.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not surprised. How many couples actually last on these scripted shows? Theresa and Gerry seemed good together, but they had to know unless one of them was ready to pick up and move to the other's location, that it wouldn't last. Theresa said they couldn't commit to finding a house in South Carolina. I feel like Gerry got cold feet when reality set in. He seemed more ambivalent. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Despite GMA noting a divorce, I wonder if this is really true. Where did they get this info from? 

It's all over the news. Theresa and Gerry were interviewed. 

Honored Contributor

I think these Bachelor/Bachelorette shows are ridiculous, and can't believe it's lasted this long.

Respected Contributor

This was expected. No surprise.

Frequent Contributor

He just needed her to help pay off his mortgage..

Respected Contributor

Their contractual agreement was probably up so they could get out of this sham. How could anyone think that any of these 'reality' shows are unscripted and real? It's entertainment folks.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: Golden Bachelor

[ Edited ]

Yes, this is highly, highly, enormously scripted "reality."

This final scene was as planned and crafted and drafted as their first entrance.

But it can be a fun ride.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

From ABC this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0wVDNLPMys 

They keep saying don't give up and they still love each other.

Maybe Joan or Leslie or any of the others will be getting a call from Gerry soon.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catter70 Also saw the interview on GMA  ,but heard Juju Chang will have it on  Dateline tonight 4/12 for anyone interested. I never watched any of the Bachelor shows and glad I didn't waste my time with this couple.But might take in Nightline (corrected from  Dateline to Nightline my error) to just to see what went wrong in 3 short months of marriage especially they said they are remaining "Best Friends" lets see (LOL) but heard they did have a prenuptial, wonder which one safe guarded themselves in wanting one.

To me watching him today just gave me a bad vibe ,but thought it was funny when Juju asked her if she has to return the ring and she laughing said yes rules of the show that seems strange for her to say.

Think they would go for an annulment for that short time.