Respected Contributor

Re: Golden Bachelor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@KBEANS @SportyShorty07   I will admit to having watched several episodes of Flavor of Love with Flava Flav.  That show was hilarious.  It was obviously all in fun, just people who wanted to be on TV.  Very funny.

And of course there is 12 corazones, a dating show.  Funny.

@NYCLatinaMe  I watched both seasons of Flavor of Love and every single sequel of I Love New York Smiley Very HappyHeart!  Flavor Flav was so funny. Tiffany Pollard is absolutely hilarious and such a big personality- I still laugh about some of Tiffany's one liners on those shows. 12 Corazones is fantastic Smiley Very HappyHeart- such a fun and hilarious show and I loved the themed costumes for the episodes Smiley Very Happy. I used to watch that in high school since I took Spanish classes and wanted to see if I could understand what the contestants were saying for practice! There are entire episodes from when it was on air available on the official 12 Corazones youtube channel if you want to see them Smiley Very Happy.  

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS 

I know what you mean!  Back in the day, I watched Flava Flav, The Osbornes, the Real World, and that was about it as far as reality shows I think.  I do watch quite a few more these days but I don't take much stock in them.  I did think and hope that the Golden Bachelor might be different.  Obviously not.  Just another media circus.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

I forgot about I love NY!  That was great -- yes, Tiffany was so funny.  Did you see her recently on that show where they had all the people on competing to see who was the biggest villian?  It was pretty good. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@SportyShorty07 

I forgot about I love NY!  That was great -- yes, Tiffany was so funny.  Did you see her recently on that show where they had all the people on competing to see who was the biggest villian?  It was pretty good. 

@AngelPuppy1  Tiffany is so funny! That's a girl who says whatever is on her mind and isn't afraid to stand up for herself Smiley Very Happy! I did watch that reality TV Villains show- only the first 3 episodes and it was a lot of fun, maybe I should watch the rest of it Smiley Very Happy.  

Respected Contributor

I don't consider their divorce a loss.  At least grandpa and grandma wore a nice suit and a pretty dress for their wedding.  

Super Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I got rid of a wife-beater in less time than that.   (And NO...I had no inkling the guy was a rat beforehand.)

What strength of character you have to get out of an abusive relationship. Good for you. You're very brave.

Frequent Contributor

Is the netwok paying for the Divorce or is it going to be a new series???  What a joke!!  😂😂

Esteemed Contributor

Since they were never living together, I imagine it would be hard to get to know each other. And, neither wanted to move. So, I am not surprised at all.

Respected Contributor

This show had to end up being a trainwreck.  It's a fraud. I don't like any of the "reality" type shows when there is nothing real about them...the whole show was based on the age of the contestants....just age. I read that logistics was the main reason for the split. Neither would agree to live where the other wanted. Originally they agreed to live in Charlotte, where one of them had a son and a grandchild; apparently once married, they argued about it and decided to call it quits. Guess they got the money from the show they wanted but wonder if their contract didn't require them to be married longer than a few months before pulling the plug. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch, not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't have time when it was on!

I was a loyal viewer from Andy Baldwin's season until they fired Chris Harrison. Before Reality Steve I had joined an online group who tried to figure out who won based on clues. It was so much fun! We analyzed nail polish, hair, outfits, etc. from the screenshots they released. We looked for hometown date clues from others who lived near there. 

A former assistant producer for the show joined our group. He didn't give us answers, but would give us clues to figure out. He was in our group for a while, just one of the "girls," as we told him! 

So for a long time I BELIEVED this show was real. Then I read an interview with two former contestants. I found out how "real" it was. LOL!

One of the girls said she knew right away she wanted to leave, but the producers wanted her to stay. The lead liked her, and they seemed to have a lot in common. She stayed, of course acting like she was crazy about him. Eventually she was one of the "one stays, one goes" dates. She left, trying to fake tears when he chose the other girl and left her behind. 

I learned a lot of "secrets" from former contestants and from the former assistant producer. 

These shows are fun. People do fall in love, just as costars in any other TV show might. There have been many successful marriages from this franchise and a lot of children are attending the annual gatherings they have!   Smiley Happy