Trusted Contributor

Re: Golden Bachelor - who gets final rose?

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

I don't know exactly when the final rose/engagement took place......weeks? or months? ago?

Seems as though it's a fast wedding date.  

Well, wishing them well, and hoping that this marriage lasts.

His family seems to like Theresa, so that's a step in the right direction........

@ROMARY ... From what I've read, this show was taped in August. The part that is in real time was the The Women Tell All show. I didn't watch all of this show. 

l agree that it's a fast wedding date in January...after the holidays! It's probably because the show is paying for it! The show wins in the long run because there will be a lot of people watching! I really do hope, for her sake, that they'll stay together! 

Trusted Contributor

I do think Teresa was the better choice for him and I'm sure he is a nice person but to me, he just comes off a little corny. He always knows what to say but I just don't think he is always sincere. I am surprised that the wedding will take place so soon, so I hope they make it work. 

Respected Contributor

I think Theresa is a better choice for Gerry too. The televised wedding should be great.

Respected Contributor

I think Theresa wanted a mate no matter who he turned out to be.  She was the driving force in this show as far as I'm concerned.  She wants the marriage more than he does and all the publicity that comes with the show and beyond IMHO. Cat Wink

Valued Contributor

GERRY picked the rich one.   hopes she gets a prenup.

once she told him what she did  for a living he shifted

towards her real fast.

The golden gold digger.......

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't care for Theresa.  I thought she was annoying, over shared and whiny.  I would have preferred one of the other two to have gotten picked. They just seemed more genuine to me.

I hope they are truly seeking to spend their lives witih one another and not just fame and fortune.

Respected Contributor

@smileshannon wrote:

I didn't care for Theresa.  I thought she was annoying, over shared and whiny.  I would have preferred one of the other two to have gotten picked. They just seemed more genuine to me.

I hope they are truly seeking to spend their lives witih one another and not just fame and fortune.

@smileshannon , 100% agree.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved Leslie really standing up for herself and speaking her mind when Gerry was breaking up with her- a no holds barred approach is always the way to go and I've done the same when blindsided by a breakup.  Gerry is a wishy washy liar and based on the new Hollywood Reporter article, he's a really bad apple.  Leslie is gorgeous, opinionated, fun and a gifted athlete- Gerry didn't deserve her and I know she'll have a ton of dates when she's ready to put herself out there.  Theresa is like a little bobble head- always agreeing and nodding her head to Gerry- he wants a docile "yes-girl" rather than an even playing field with a partner.  Onward and upward, Leslie!

By the way, I really admire that Leslie is a very accomplished athlete and a dance instructor- she was a 1985 Crystal Light National Aerobics Champion, an event that was the Olymipcs of the 80's for aerobic athletes.  Leslie might not be as wealthy as Theresa, but she's certainly accomplished a lot in her life.  Theresa seemed kind of desperate the entire show and I didn't like how she bragged about the dates to other girls.  Theresa is so unrelateable to me with her sweet decades long high school sweetheart relationship- I can relate much more to Leslie's multiple breakups, despite her being a great catch and beautiful lady.  Why is Leslie single? Why am I single? We're both beautiful, sporty, smart and a lot of fun! Who knows! I'm 35 and Leslie is 64 and we've had heartbreaks and it makes us stronger each time.  I won't be watching Gerry and Theresa's wedding and I'm ready to move on from "their journey" Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@AZfem wrote:

So glad Leslie told him off for lying & deceiving her!  How can Teresa believe him when he's told so many he loves them. He's the epitome of the Steven Stills song "Love the One your With".  Can't believe they're rushing into marriage either.

I absolutely LOVED it when Leslie stood up for herself and told him off! In fact, I might  have a custom t-shirt made for when I watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette that quotes her and says, "I can think whatever the **** I want, Gerry!" Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@heart of savino I've heard a lot of people say that too. She seems smart enough to put her affairs in order hopefully.

@heart of savino wrote:

GERRY picked the rich one.   hopes she gets a prenup.

once she told him what she did  for a living he shifted

towards her real fast.

The golden gold digger.......