Esteemed Contributor

Re: Golden Bachelor - who gets final rose?

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Spacrazy wrote:

@spumoni99  I didn't think anything could be more cringy than him sleeping with both of them back to back ~ just no.

Hopefully he wasn't intimate with either of them, at the least not both of them, that would be gross if he was!

This is my first bachelor I've watched, but from what I understand the other bachelor and bachelorette shows have lots of sex going on.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think his falling in love with all these women at once is ridiculous. I prefer Leslie, but I am not sure either one of them is a fit for him. Too soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of either. The women I was rooting for were either not given a rose or left on their own. 

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Not a fan of either. The women I was rooting for were either not given a rose or left on their own. 

@Effie54 , same here.  My picks were Ellen and Joan; was sorry she had to leave early.

I also really liked Susan; she seemed to have a great personality and got along with all.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never watched any bachelor or bachelorette shows and certainly not Golden Bachelot.  From the snips and clips I've seen of him,I'd run fast and far far away

Honored Contributor

I'm too lazy to look up where he lives.

Does one of the ladies live a bit closer to him?

I guess I prefer Leslie, but keep in mind that I missed the show when he visits their home towns. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had high hopes for this showw, but it really is just another repeat of the Bachelor format only for old people.😅

I personally can't see Gerry with either Theresa or Leslie.  I think all three of them are very connected with their kids/grandkids and might not consider relocating. I know from personal experience long distance romances are difficult.

I am camp Leslie since she is a Minneapolitan. Her ex-husband owns several restaurants around the Twin Cities. I always found him to be good looking😉

images (29).jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 , same here.  My picks were Ellen and Joan; was sorry she had to leave early.

I also really liked Susan; she seemed to have a great personality and got along with all.

Yes, I agree. I would never have envisioned him with the last two. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Spacrazy wrote:

@spumoni99  I didn't think anything could be more cringy than him sleeping with both of them back to back ~ just no.

Hopefully he wasn't intimate with either of them, at the least not both of them, that would be gross if he was!

This is my first bachelor I've watched, but from what I understand the other bachelor and bachelorette shows have lots of sex going on.  

Some do.  But they are young without the experience and wisdom of the "golden" group.  He is tackier than most of the young ones.  Their s*x talk trying to sound cool and young, and his generous "I love yous"....he makes the young group seem mature.  

Esteemed Contributor

My spidey senses don't fail me. 

I just read an article in the Hollywood Reporter about Gerry. It seems he portrayed himself in a less than honest way. Billed as a retired restauranteur it seems he did own a drive-in type restaurant but sold it in the 1980s. Since then he has had several jobs.

While employed as a janitor at a mental health facility, HE STARTED DATING A COWORKER ONE MONTH AFTER HIS WIFE DIED AND SUBSEQUENTLY LIVED WITH HER FOR A YEAR. AND THERE WERE OTHERS.

There's a lot more but you can read all about it online. All I can say is I hope either Theresa or Leslie are smart enough to not get too involved.