Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I find it pleasant and heart warming. Also glad to see Joe Morton back in a series.

@Group 5 minus 1   Agree with you on both statements. This role is such a contrast from Joe Morton's last role. It gives many who didn't become aware of this versatile actor until Scandal to see that he can "do good" as well as he did bad.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I found this to be pleasant and heart warming, I will probably continue to watch!

Esteemed Contributor

I stumbled across God Friended Me, I think it must have been the pilot show but I must say I truly enjoyed it and will watch it again.

It's a nice change from the overload of reality shows, this has good writing, good actors and just a feel good feeling.

Honored Contributor

I love this show! I don’t really think anyone should be offended about the God element. This is more like how things happen for a reason and how they can be linked.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I love this show! I don’t really think anyone should be offended about the God element. This is more like how things happen for a reason and how they can be linked.

@Jordan2  Thank you for being a voice of reason.  I agree 100%.  Nobody is being forced to watch this show. 

We watched the pilot and enjoyed it.  Will catch up with newer episodes On Demand or HULU (I believe it is one of the current shows airing on HULU after the initial episode on regular TV.)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I am enjoying this show! It can be a bit sentimental at times, but I would rather watch a feel good show than most of the other stuff on TV. 

Honored Contributor

I love God Friended Me

I don't care if it's corny or schmaltzy, it's refreshing & pleasant to watch.

Honored Contributor

I had dinner with a couple of friends this past week and mentioned this show. None of them had watched it and all made statements that were similar to what I thought until I read this thread and actually watched the show. In their quest to prove me wrong, we watched the pilot episode and now all except one have a new show to watch. My friend who said it was corny protested a little too much. I think she'll be watching too.

Honored Contributor

@Tique, I can't watch everything, but shows that pique my interest, I give them a chance or two before writing them off.

Honored Contributor

For those who thought this show would be too preachy or comparable to Touched by An Angel, after three episodes I'm not finding it that way. I liked "Touched" but at times it was preachy and definitely "in your face". This show is more about people helping people and in some cases putting people together or reuniting them.

Last night's scene when Miles father Arthur, who is a pastor, told his son about losing a forth of his congregation because he was embracing and accepting everyone - no matter what their s e xual orientation was sobering. I like that Arthur can listen to his children and realize he doesn't know it all.