Respected Contributor

Re: God Friended Me

[ Edited ]

I'm waiting for it to come on in a few minutes.  Hoping it isn't too schmaltzy, syrupy, or goofy.  I loved the movie when George Burns played God.  I miss him, George, that is!

I became bored about 23 minutes in.  It was amusing at times.

Honored Contributor
I missed this show. I will definetly watch it. I really enjoyed Touched by an Angel when it was on. So nice to see family shows again.
Honored Contributor

I think network tv should leave religion alone.  There are far better topics for fiction and drama.  I mean what would you think about "Mohammad Friended Me" or "Buddha Friended Me?"   Or even "The Pope Friended Me"?  

And yes, I would feel the same about all of these.  Unnecessary and putting something sacred to many up for laughs. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show and definitely will be watching again. The show reminds me more of EARLY EDITION - Kyle Chandler got the next day's paper and saves peope. The main character gets friend suggestions and saves people.

Honored Contributor

I just finished watching the first episode and really enjoyed it.  I didn't record it originally but set up a season pass after I read this thread.  They repeated the first episode last night, and I recorded it.  I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.

I think it reminds me more of Early Edition with Kyle Chandler like @Yahooey suggested than Touched By An Angel.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I really liked this show. Now, my question is...is this show moving to CBS All Access? I hope not because I won't pay extra for it.

Honored Contributor

Re: God Friended Me

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I really liked this show. Now, my question is...is this show moving to CBS All Access? I hope not because I won't pay extra for it.

@SilleeMee  Oh my gosh.  I hope not!  Where did you hear that?  I really like it but won't pay for CBS All Access.  Maybe it's available on CBS AA but not moving there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I like it and find it refreshing. With all the "reality shows"...still trying to find out whose reality these are...the dancing, singing, talent, extreme exercise shows, I welcome it. I'm not sure how long it'll last, most shows I like don't make it. It reminds me of the old Millionaire shows in a way.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  Oh my gosh.  I hope not!  Where did you hear that?  I really like it but won't pay for CBS All Access.  Maybe it's available on CBS AA but not moving there.

@NickNack I hope it doesn't move to AA!  I asked because when I googled the show then it showed up on the CBS AA page. 

Honored Contributor

I find it pleasant and heart warming. Also glad to see Joe Morton back in a series.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man