Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

I watched the show with honest hope to like it.  While the subplot (God reaching out to an atheist via modern media) is a really good idea, I thought the storyline became excessively sentimental.  The star saved a life, who in turn saved a life, who then began a new life.  When the episode ended with, “Who’s next?” thinking, I feared this could jump the shark quickly.

@IamMrsG

Taped it but haven't watched it yet.  Saw a couple reviews and they thought this was a very lame copy of Touched By An Angel.    We shall see .....

Honored Contributor

Okay, so I watched this, really wanted to hate it as I hate watching CBS on Sunday nights ( football, golf, March Madness, etc),but gosh darn it, I LOVED it!! The actress that played Cara reminded me of the actress that plays Elizabeth Webber on General Hospital. I will be back for more.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1@Jordan2@Jordan2@Tinkrbl44@IamMrsG

Thank you! This one was not on my radar, so can't wait to record 

DVR this one!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I wanted to check it out but I forgot. If I don't use the reminder feature I can never catch these shows. Maybe it's available on demand.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

Jordan2!!  ha I thought about General Hospital too when I watched..   great minds....::😊

Honored Contributor

@marzi 1 wrote:

Jordan2!!  ha I thought about General Hospital too when I watched..   great minds....::😊

@marzi 1, these two could be sisters!

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:  

Taped it but haven't watched it yet.  Saw a couple reviews and they thought this was a very lame copy of Touched By An Angel.    We shall see .....

@Tinkrbl44  I had forgotten about Touched by an Angel, but I do see the similarity.  Now that I think about it, I quit watching that show for the same thing I suspect about God Friended Me--predictable schmaltz. 

I hope I'm proven wrong, because I really do like the idea of God 'friending' someone like that.  Minds would be blown.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor
I really enjoyed this. I am not much of a TV watcher and hardly ever try a new show. They usually get cancelled if I invest within weeks.

Definitely an updated version of Touched by an Angel and geared heavily towards millennials but I liked it and will be back next Sunday.
Honored Contributor

There was this African American older man sitting on a bench when Miles was talking to Cara. When Cara walked away Miles and the man looked at each other, Miles might have said something to him, the man didn’t say anything. The first thing I thought,was he God? I’m going to look for him next week.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  I caught that man, too, and had the same thought as you.  In fact, I flashed back to Joan of Arcadia, where God, disguised as a regular person, was usually standing somewhere in the background.  I still love the theme song they used, What If God Was One of Us?  Indeed. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.