Respected Contributor

I am enjoying this show but I am perplexed about something.  The first show was about Miles finding Cara's mother.  My question is, she finds her mother who abandoned her years ago (still do not know why) the mom has a young daughter from her new life and Cara if fine with this?? This is just so unrealistic to me.  Her mother always has this smile on her face, not a care in the world, and here is the daughter she left.  She shows no remorse, guilt, no explanation and Cara acts like nothing is wrong.  If I were in that situation it would take me a very, very long time to come to grips with this and there would have to be one heck of a reason why she left and just abandoned her and she is so loving with her other daughter.  I just don't get it.  This is the only thing about this show that really annoys me.

Respected Contributor

Re: God Friended Me - Question

@lovesallanimals during the first episode when Cara was injured in the accident her mother explained to her why she did not come back.  She stated she watched Cara from behind the scenes and just thought her life was going in the right direction and she did not want to interrupt it.  This is what I took away from the scene.!

Esteemed Contributor

This show sounded so much like "Kevin Saves The World" on ABC last year with a few teaks.....i did enjoy that show...

but haven't bothered to watch this one.........sorry that ABC

canceled it.....

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

This show sounded so much like "Kevin Saves The World" on ABC last year with a few teaks.....i did enjoy that show...

canceled it.....

@kelsey17 wrote:

canceled it.....

Exactly! I so Miss Kevin Probably Saves The World......ABC should have renewed it. These shows have a sweetness to them. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals  You have no idea how much I agree with you.  Unfortunately, realism in writing is just not there anymore.  

Honored Contributor

Could be that Cara is one of those people who believes in forgiveness and accepts that things happen for a reason.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@lovesallanimals  You have no idea how much I agree with you.  Unfortunately, realism in writing is just not there anymore.  

Laura14:  You are so right, there is no realism in this. I know it is just a tv show but that storyline is just ridiculous.  That mother just sits there with the same smile plastered on her face as if nothing is wrong and that abandoning your child is perfectly normal and Cara seems absolutely fine with it.  Go figure.