Honored Contributor

Re: God Friended Me NEW Season 9/29

Wow! I missed it! I didn't think it was starting back up this soon! Will have to catch On Demand!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Wow! I missed it! I didn't think it was starting back up this soon! Will have to catch On Demand!

You can also see it on the cbs website. I would also have not known it was back, but I saw a promo earlier in the day for it. 

Honored Contributor

Last night's episode was very good! I'm starting to like Joy more and more. I wonder what's up with Ali? About Miles and Cara...if she really loved him then all else shouldn't matter. Love will find a way...like they say.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Last night's episode was very good! I'm starting to like Joy more and more. I wonder what's up with Ali? About Miles and Cara...if she really loved him then all else shouldn't matter. Love will find a way...like they say.

@SilleeMee   as I recall I may have been the only one who liked Joy from the start. Also one of the few who continues to like Cara less and less and think more and more she is not the right person for Miles. She has one set of rules for herself and one for everyone else. Remember last season she wrote about the God Account after assuring Miles she wouldn't. If he had done that she would have been walking around with her panties in a bunch for weeks. Cara's mother is a lot more likable to me. She had enough sense to place the blame where it belonged - on her husband and his bad choices.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee   as I recall I may have been the only one who liked Joy from the start. Also one of the few who continues to like Cara less and less and think more and more she is not the right person for Miles. She has one set of rules for herself and one for everyone else. Remember last season she wrote about the God Account after assuring Miles she wouldn't. If he had done that she would have been walking around with her panties in a bunch for weeks. Cara's mother is a lot more likable to me. She had enough sense to place the blame where it belonged - on her husband and his bad choices.

@Tique @SilleeMee . I agree! I used to not like Joy very much, but she is growing on me...I do like Cara's mother as well, she put the blame where it should have been......I liek Cara less and less.......I wonder what is up with Ali? It was a really good episode! Watched last night on Demand! 

Honored Contributor

I've been hot and cold about GFM from the start, but DH LOVES IT, so it's standard Sunday night viewing here.

I thought this most recent episode was one of the best in the series' run. 
Loved all the characters and actors, thought the plot tied up a little too neatly, but since the point of the show is, after all coincidence vs. not coincidence, I went along with it.

Hope the writers can figure out some plausible way to keep it going or wrap it up. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The show seems to be returning to its roots. I enjoyed last night's episode. Was surprised to find out Trish had a daughter. Don't remember ever hearing that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

The show seems to be returning to its roots. I enjoyed last night's episode. Was surprised to find out Trish had a daughter. Don't remember ever hearing that.

@Tique 

I don't think it's a coincidence that now we see Trish's daughter just when Ali has that diagnosis. If you asked me, I think sister Ali may be leaving the show and will be replaced with a SIL. Any thoughts about that?

BTW, I did enjoy last night's episode.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tique 

I don't think it's a coincidence that now we see Trish's daughter just when Ali has that diagnosis. If you asked me, I think sister Ali may be leaving the show and will be replaced with a SIL. Any thoughts about that?

BTW, I did enjoy last night's episode.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee   I certainly hope not. I've been really enjoying watching Miles and Ali. Previously we always had indications they were close but this season they have shown more of how these two really depend on each other. Could be I'm a bit more tuned in to that as someone who doesn't have/never had siblings so I like seeing what I deem as a "good" sibling relationship. 

Also Trish's daughter is supposed to be moving with her husband so unless something changes, she won't be around regularly.

Honored Contributor

I too really enjoyed last night's episode! It was so good. I feel so bad for Ali, and hope she will be ok.....She and Myles love each other so much and are so close, it's so nice to see.......They didn't show any previews, so I think it may be off for a couple of weeks now.......