Honored Contributor

There will be no Season 3 for God Friended Me.

Looks like CBS is unfriending God Friended Me. CBS just announced they’ve cancelled the TV show after two seasons, Deadline reports.

The show revolves around a thoughtful and outspoken podcaster named Miles (Brandon Micheal Hall) whose life is turned upside down when he receives a friend request on social media from a user named “God.” The cast also includes Violett Beane, Joe Morton, Suraj Sharma, Javicia Leslie, and Erica Gimpel, with Adam Goldberg and Jessica Lu recurring.

The second season of God Friended Me is averaging a 0.67 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.24 million viewers.Compared to season one, that’s down by 25% in the demo by down by 20% in viewership. That’s quite a dip in the ratings for the CBS TV show.

...God Friended Me, starring Brandon Michael Hall, will end with a two-hour series finale on April 26, 8:00-10 PM.

source: Deadline

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: God Friended Me - Cancelled

I viewed it as a modern day Early Edition.

Honored Contributor

Oh, say it isn't so! If the writers didn't know the show was being cancelled, we will never know who's behind the God account!

Honored Contributor

I viewed it as an updated Touched by an 

Angel. 

Valued Contributor

So I found this info on another website - the decision was made early enough so the series’ creative team had time to craft the Season 2 finale as a series finale and give the show, from Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods., a proper ending.

Respected Contributor

@debfau wrote:

So I found this info on another website - the decision was made early enough so the series’ creative team had time to craft the Season 2 finale as a series finale and give the show, from Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods., a proper ending.

Oh, I sure hope so!

Valued Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@debfau wrote:

Oh, I sure hope so!

I know I hate to watch a show for several season then it is cancelled between seasons and you are stuck to wonder what now?

Respected Contributor

I am getting so tired of this.  It seems that every time a warm and simple feel good show is on and we get hooked, they cancel it.  Remember that show, I think it was called A Village?  About different people living in one building who helped and bonded with each other?  Another feel good show and also was cancelled.  I am watching all the old shows, that were on years ago, more and more.  

Valued Contributor

We know whose behind the god account.  GOD.......

Esteemed Contributor

Such a shame that a family-oriented show is cancelled when so much trash is on every night.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!